pop up balloon 208.73.210.29 malicious website block

mbam blocking "potentially malicious website 208.73.210.29" sometimes several times per minute. Hasn't done it for a little while now. The scan doesn't show anything. I followed the instructions for defogger, DDS & GMER Rootkit Scanner wouldn't run. I have posted two log files. Anyway, I don't know if this is something I should worry about or just put on the MBAM ignore list, but from the previous posts about this topic it looked like something to deal with.

DDS.txt

Attach.zip

:blink:

Please don't attach the scans / logs from these scans, use "copy/paste".

DO NOT use any TOOLS such as Combofix or HijackThis fixes without supervision.

Doing so could make your pc inoperatible and could require a full reinstall of your OS, losing all your programs and data.

Vista and Windows 7 users:

1. These tools MUST be run from the executable. (.exe) every time you run them

2. With Admin Rights (Right click, choose "Run as Administrator")

Stay with this topic until I give you the all clean post.

You might want to print these instructions out.

Note: Close all browsers before running ATF Cleaner: IE, FireFox, etc.

Please download ATF Cleaner by Atribune.

Download - ATF Cleaner

:)

Please don't attach the scans / logs from these scans, use "copy/paste".

DO NOT use any TOOLS such as Combofix or HijackThis fixes without supervision.

Doing so could make your pc inoperatible and could require a full reinstall of your OS, losing all your programs and data.

Vista and Windows 7 users:

1. These tools MUST be run from the executable. (.exe) every time you run them

2. With Admin Rights (Right click, choose "Run as Administrator")

Stay with this topic until I give you the all clean post.

You might want to print these instructions out.

Note: Close all browsers before running ATF Cleaner: IE, FireFox, etc.

Please download ATF Cleaner by Atribune.

Download - ATF Cleaner

I don't know how to log into the router. I know what the modem is but I'm not sure what the router is. I thought the router was the computer the ISP used.

On the link you gave me they say,"If you don't know the address[for the router], open cmd and type..." I don't know what they mean by "open cmd"

Do you have a router or just a modem?

Lets see if this does the trick

Go to Start->Run->Type CMD and click Ok. The MSDOS Window will be displayed. At the command prompt, type the following and press Enter after each line:

IPCONFIG /release

IPCONFIG /flushdns

IPCONFIG /renew

IPCONFIG /registerdns

Type in Exit and reboot.

Let me know how it's running.

I have only seen the pop up balloon once today (before that last set of instructions you gave me), and I've been on the computer most of the day working. So, I could wait to see if it comes up again and let you know. I assume the last set of instructions were to take the place of the others in the link you sent me to? So, I don't need to go through the instructions below?

How to fix:

1.Log into your router. If you don

It was a nightmare with Frontier. I would not recommend people use their live chat option for tech support which I did because I had to wait so long on hold for phone help. I won't explain. Anyway, the phone help could have worked except I took the other advice and did a hard reset which according the the phone tech (when I finally called back and waited on hold for 45 min out of desperation) was probably more than I needed to do. Anyway, I ran the steps above to check my IPCONFIG and the ftrdhcpuser.net is still in there. I don't know if I will have any further problems or not. I haven't yet, but the annoying pop up was infrequent and intermittent the day I did the hard reset anyway. I only saw it once that day compared to several times per minute on other days. So, we'll see! Thanks for your help.

The response was to do a hard reset to fix the problem. I did that and had to deal with getting my internet connection back after that, and after 3 hrs of hassle with the phone because my cordless phone died twice while on hold and I had to get back in line, I talked to their tech and told him the problem and he just said "hmmm" when I told him about the ..puser.net thing in the IPCONFIG. He didn't offer to check the settings to see if it was still there and I assumed the hard reset dealt with it. I don't know, but it doesn't seem to be a problem for now.