Malwarebytes Freezing

CaptainKid

So heres my problem, everytime I scan with Malwarebytes, it comes to a certain point and then stops. It doesnt stop scanning but slows down my computer, if I click on it it freezes, and my tower starts clicking from the inside. It's kind of difficult to explain. It goes to a certain point, and stops there. Not only does that happen, my tower starts clicking on the inside. It can pass that part but it usually takes a great deal of time and happens numerously within the scans like 3-10 times. The scans usually takes up 3~6 hours. Is this normal? Can I fix it? Is this caused by any malicious malware?

• Root Admin

If it is making unexpected clicking or ticking noises then it's quite possible the hard drive may be failing or soon will be.

It is best to make sure you backup ALL your data now while you still can just in case it does fail. Then try the following.

Please try the following temp cleaner then see if scan times improve.

Clear Temp Files Using ATF Cleaner:

• Please download ATF Cleaner by Atribune from here and save the file to your desktop.
  • Close all open internet browser windows
  • Run ATF Cleaner by double clicking it.
  • Once the program opens, click the box next to Select All
    • Note: this will delete all cookies saved by sites that you have visited so if you need to keep any cookies for automatic logins etc then uncheck the Cookies option

[*]Once that's all set click on the Empty Selected button and it will remove the temporary files from your system.

[*]If you use Firefox or Opera browsers then click the appropriate button at the top of the program and delete the temp files from them as well following the same procedure.

If that does not help then please run the following scanner and post back the logs

Download
DDS
and save it to your desktop

Disable any script blocker if your Anti-Virus/Anti-Malware has it.

Once downloaded you can disconnect from the Internet and disable your Ant-Virus temporarily if needed.

Then double click
dds.scr
to run the tool.

When done, the
DDS.txt
will open.

Click Yes at the next prompt for Optional Scan.

When done, DDS will open two (2) logs:

1. DDS.txt

2. Attach.txt

• Save both reports to your desktop

• Please include the following logs in your next reply:
    DDS.txt
    and
    Attach.txt