Your Protection virus

The "Your Protection" virus must have changed in the last few months, because it used to use phony pop-ups to get you to download it, but I haven't gotten any of those today, yet my computer is now infected with it. I tried running my McAfee scan, but it stalls shortly after I start it. I tried running the Malwarebytes Scan, but it got to the point of scanning C:\

Your Protection\Update.Ink and is also stalled. I can't even get the window to close! It seems to even be interfering with my getting email. I have to log into my main account using webmail and I have to go directly to google mail to get those emails.

I'm sorry if this is a topic already covered in these forums, but I've tried doing a search and "your" and "protection" are just too common terms.

Anyway, will someone please tell me how I can rid myself of this thing? Thanks!

Try following this Bleeping Computer Removal Guide for "Your Protection" located >HERE<

If You are NOT successful in removing it by following that guide then please follow the directions in this topic

I'm infected - What do I do now?

and copy/paste (do NOT attach) ALL of the requested logs into your next reply!

Good Luck!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!