virus preventing any anti-virus program to run/install

HI everyone, i think my laptop caught some virus today when i was downloading stuff... it prevents any of my programs from running, except IE and a few others. So i googled up on possible solutions and Malwarebytes seems to have really good feedback and it does seem to solve this problem. SO this is what i had done so far:

i restored my computer to the save point established a few days ago,

-then i restart my laptop and run it in save mode with networking

-then i downloaded the malwarebytes and renamed the exe to something stupid

-but when i try to install it, nothing shows up like other program, so i guess the virus blocked the program from installing.. so is there anything i can do to remove this stupid little virus?

Thanks a million in advance.

Hello, and welcome to Malwarebytes.org

As we don't deal with malware removal in the General Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Forum, you need to start a topic in the Malware Removal forum so a qualified helper can help you fix any malware related problems/infections you may have.

You can follow the directions below and someone will assist you with running scans on your system to see if they can detect anything.

Please print out, read and follow the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete. Then post a NEW topic here.

One of the expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.

After posting your new post make sure under options that you select Track this topic and choose one of the Email options so that you're alerted when someone has replied to your post.

Alternatively, as a paying customer, you can contact the help desk at support@malwarebytes.org