Subscript out of range' when I run Malwarebytes

I just downloaded the Malwarebytes and have the same problem. Here are the steps:

1. Install latest version.

2. Update

3. Start the product

4. Choose "Perform quick scan" and click Scan.

5. The product runs for 6 few seconds, finds 8 infections, then displays:

Run-time error '9':

Subscript out of range

The info I can gather from the UI is:

* Enumerating registry objects prior to scan

* 8 seconds elapsed

* Performing scan

* Checking Windows/System32/SKDLL.DLL

The scan also fails if I choose full scan. Only now it fails on a different DLL each time.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Got it to work, and it did find some nasties.

First, I was quick on the "Pause" button to halt the scan just after the first 8 items appeared, before the subscript error. Then, I aborted the scan, cleaned the items and let the program reboot. After that, the scan completed, and found more stuff.

So, all-in-all, a fine job. But, it would be good to get a resolution for the subscript error for next time.

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
Got it to work, and it did find some nasties.

First, I was quick on the "Pause" button to halt the scan just after the first 8 items appeared, before the subscript error. Then, I aborted the scan, cleaned the items and let the program reboot. After that, the scan completed, and found more stuff.

So, all-in-all, a fine job. But, it would be good to get a resolution for the subscript error for next time.

Thanks!

I just dealt with this same issue today. I was infected with Trojan.Vundo.H and when I ran Malwarebytes, it would find 11 infected files within a couple seconds and then it gave me the same error message that PaulR posted earlier.

I also had the same solution. Start the scan, then press "Pause" as soon as it finds a few files (but before it reached the evil "11th file"). While paused, abort the scan and then remove the infected items that were found. Restart, and then scan again to clean up the rest.

I had a total of 19 infected files - 8 removed when I aborted the scan, and another 11 when I re-scanned. Once the second scan finished, I rebooted and performed a full system scan, which came up clean - and FINALLY, I'm now free of this nasty infection.

• 1 year later...
I just dealt with this same issue today. I was infected with Trojan.Vundo.H and when I ran Malwarebytes, it would find 11 infected files within a couple seconds and then it gave me the same error message that PaulR posted earlier.

I also had the same solution. Start the scan, then press "Pause" as soon as it finds a few files (but before it reached the evil "11th file"). While paused, abort the scan and then remove the infected items that were found. Restart, and then scan again to clean up the rest.

I had a total of 19 infected files - 8 removed when I aborted the scan, and another 11 when I re-scanned. Once the second scan finished, I rebooted and performed a full system scan, which came up clean - and FINALLY, I'm now free of this nasty infection.

I am getting the same error, but I am not sure how you removed the files after you hit "pause" then "abort"? once I hit "abort, the same Runtime '9' error pops up and kicks me out of the program. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

• Root Admin

Hello , and welcome to Malwarebytes.org

Probably due to Malware, however we don't work on Malware removal in the general forums.

Please print out, read and follow the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete. Then post a NEW topic here.

One of the expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.

After posting your new post make sure under options that you select Track this topic and choose one of the Email options so that you're alerted when someon has replied to your post.

Alternatively, as a paying customer, you can contact the help desk at support@malwarebytes.org