Computer Kept Shutting Down.

figaro

My computer kept shutting down before I had my computer taken in for a diagnostics. The guy at the place I had it took in said that it was something in my startup programs that was causing my problems. So he disabled most of my startup programs, but now some things are not working as usual. Things like Google Chrome and Aptana IDE. Google Chrome wont even start when I try to launch it. And Aptana seems buggy. Something must be required to be enabled in my startup in order to for these programs to run properly.

I've been re-enabling some of my startup programs to find which one was causing my problems, but now I'm at the point where the ones left don't seems like they'd have anything to do with Google Chrome or Aptana.

Also in msconfig under Services tab some things are disabled there too.

I've ran Malwarebytes' before and after I sent my computer into the shop. The first scan I found some Trojan.zlobs and a few others. The second scan, the one after the shop, I didn't find anything. Could it be that I have something that Malwarebytes' cannot detect? How can I be sure that I don't have malware on my machine?

What do you suggest I do to get my computer running in ship shape? I've been cleaning off some programs I don't want and organizing my files.

Also, would you recommend I download AVG Anti-virus for protection coverage?

As you can see I need all the help I can get. If anything I've said so far doesn't make sense please bring me to that awareness so that I may clarify.

Thanks for reading. Hopefully with the help of this forum I can make my computer shiny again.

• Root Admin
would you recommend I download AVG Anti-virus for protection coverage?

No I would not suggest that program. At one time it was pretty good but not as good as it used to be anymore.

I would suggest Avira Free Home or ESET / NOD32 if you want a paid version.

Well I'm sure we can help you out but first we probably should do the Malware scans so we have a place to start from.

Please read and follow the instructions provided here: Pre- HJT Post Instructions

When ready please post your logs here: Malware Removal - HijackThis Logs

Someone will be happy to assist you further with cleaning your system.

During this scan and cleanup process you should not install any other software unless requested to do so.