Website Blocking unchecks itself sometime after startup

I have the most recent and updated version of mbam installed, with IP protection enabled.

Upon startup, if I right-click the mbam systray icon, it shows a checkmark next to "Website Blocking."

However, sometime afterwards, the checkmark disappears, and will not show enabled even if I click on it. I searched for a previous post on this question, but did not find anything...

Thanks in advance!

I have the most recent and updated version of mbam installed, with IP protection enabled.

Upon startup, if I right-click the mbam systray icon, it shows a checkmark next to "Website Blocking."

However, sometime afterwards, the checkmark disappears, and will not show enabled even if I click on it. I searched for a previous post on this question, but did not find anything...

Thanks in advance!

I should mention I am running WinXP 64-bit - lemme guess it does not work with that OS...

and this page loads for me: http://iptest.malwarebytes.org/

Greetings :)

1. The IP blocking mechanism will be disabled briefly whenever a database update occurs, this is normal as it unloads and reloads to update the list of blocked IP's.

2. No, the IP blocker does not function on Windows XP x64, it does however function on x64 versions of Windows Vista and Windows 7, primarily due to the fact that Windows XP x64 is largely unsupported and undocumented by Microsoft.

Greetings :)

1. The IP blocking mechanism will be disabled briefly whenever a database update occurs, this is normal as it unloads and reloads to update the list of blocked IP's.

2. No, the IP blocker does not function on Windows XP x64, it does however function on x64 versions of Windows Vista and Windows 7, primarily due to the fact that Windows XP x64 is largely unsupported and undocumented by Microsoft.

Thanks exile360!

The reason I do not use Vista x64 or Win 7 is primarily due to the fact that Windows XP x64 is last OS from Microsoft that doesn't contain a whole bunch of useless garbage and stupid features like search indexing.

You're welcome :)

I understand, they did add many features (which added a lot of system overhead) in Vista and 7, though my personal experience with them has been positive with regards to performance, but mileage will certainly vary depending on your hardware (on mine, Vista x64 and 7 x64 both boot faster and become responsive more quickly after login than XP x86 with the exact same software configuration).

At the moment on this machine Website Blocking is unchecked if you look at the rightclick menu, but checked in the protection window. I am unable to check it again in the popup menu and I can reach http://iptest.malwarebytes.org/

I have this rules in the log:

11:47:43 Gerard Willems ERROR IP protection failed: PfBindInterfaceToIPAddress failed with error code 87

13:19:32 Gerard Willems ERROR IP protection failed: PfMakeLog failed with error code 85

13:20:35 Gerard Willems ERROR IP protection failed: PfMakeLog failed with error code 85

Only a restart of this machine brings things back to normal.

Shouldn't there be a message popup when Website Blocking tuns off (unintended)?

Gerard