Blocked Incoming "Threats"

Just installed the paid version of MWB yesterday, and immediately started getting the pop-up baloon saying that MWB has "Succesfully blocked access to a potentially malicious website" "Type Incoming." with an ip address (same 4 keep recurring all in Bejing). Occurs evey minute or so. Have ran scans and found no infection. I know from reading this forum that I am not alone here. I realize that this may not be a problem, just the software doing its job. I realize also that this did not start when I installed the paid version. So this has been occurring for a time, just didn't have the tool to pick it up. It doesn't seem like it can be much of a threat if it hasn't done so in all the months I didn't have paid MWB, of course I could be wrong. Any idea who/what is the cause. I don't think I have any software loaded that they could be trying to communicate with. If I uncheck the "Show tooltip baloon when malicious website is blocked" button will this stop the pop-up, and I can just check the logs for actions taken? BTW, installed the paid version after a VERY good experience with the free version.

• Staff
Just installed the paid version of MWB yesterday, and immediately started getting the pop-up baloon saying that MWB has "Succesfully blocked access to a potentially malicious website" "Type Incoming." with an ip address (same 4 keep recurring all in Bejing). Occurs evey minute or so. Have ran scans and found no infection. I know from reading this forum that I am not alone here. I realize that this may not be a problem, just the software doing its job. I realize also that this did not start when I installed the paid version. So this has been occurring for a time, just didn't have the tool to pick it up. It doesn't seem like it can be much of a threat if it hasn't done so in all the months I didn't have paid MWB, of course I could be wrong. Any idea who/what is the cause. I don't think I have any software loaded that they could be trying to communicate with. If I uncheck the "Show tooltip baloon when malicious website is blocked" button will this stop the pop-up, and I can just check the logs for actions taken? BTW, installed the paid version after a VERY good experience with the free version.

Hi and welcome to Malwarebytes' support forums

Nothing can be done about incoming threats. We're blocking the ever constant, never wavering attacks by miscreants trying to probe for unsecured systems. So the software is working as it should.

When I used to get these with my Norton firewall I'd occasionally submit them to my ISP if I saw they were listed in other security sites. That way maybe the ISP can block it on their end.

Hi and welcome to Malwarebytes' support forums

Nothing can be done about incoming threats. We're blocking the ever constant, never wavering attacks by miscreants trying to probe for unsecured systems. So the software is working as it should.

When I used to get these with my Norton firewall I'd occasionally submit them to my ISP if I saw they were listed in other security sites. That way maybe the ISP can block it on their end.

Can I just uncheck the "Show tooltip baloon when malicious web site is blocked" button to stop the pop up? Then check the logs occasionly to see if any other threats were blocked.

Guest garybear

Hello normar 1949.

I have experienced the same problem.

I was being attacked by 8 different Chinese IP's

I reported them to my ISP and I'm no longer being attacked. They are scanning your PC for open ports and I believe for malicious reasons. I tried for a long time to get help from this and was just brushed off. Once I threaten my ISP that I was going to report this to Homeland Security, my ISP got interested and stopped that Chinese BS. Finally this forum is starting to give members the advise to report these abuses to your Service Provider!! If they won't help you, report these IP's to Homeland Security.

Gary

Hello normar 1949.

I have experienced the same problem.

I was being attacked by 8 different Chinese IP's

I reported them to my ISP and I'm no longer being attacked. They are scanning your PC for open ports and I believe for malicious reasons. I tried for a long time to get help from this and was just brushed off. Once I threaten my ISP that I was going to report this to Homeland Security, my ISP got interested and stopped that Chinese BS. Finally this forum is starting to give members the advise to report these abuses to your Service Provider!! If they won't help you, report these IP's to Homeland Security.

Gary

Thanks Gary. My question about turning the baloon pop up off was not answered, but I assume if I uncheck the "Show tooltip baloon" box on their Protection Screen it will stop. I will be good with that. I still have to question how malicious these things are. As I said in my first post, obviously they did not start when MWB paid started blocking them, and announcing it in their pop up baloon. And I get them all the time now. So what has happened in the past before MWB was stopping them. If they were indeed trying to infect my machine, why hasn't it stayed infected. But, all that said, still very happy with my purchase of the paid version.

Guest garybear
Can I just uncheck the "Show tooltip baloon when malicious web site is blocked" button to stop the pop up? Then check the logs occasionly to see if any other threats were blocked.

Hello normar!!

I think that will work just fine.

I was getting 700+ blocked Chinese IP's. a day!

I would ask you to join my fight and report these to your Service Provider (ISP)

If they ignore you report them to to Homeland Security. As citizens that obey the internet rules, we don't have to put with country's that continue to behave like this. There is no excuse for their behavior. If enough of us complain, I believe we can stop this!!!

Thanks Gary. My question about turning the baloon pop up off was not answered, but I assume if I uncheck the "Show tooltip baloon" box on their Protection Screen it will stop. I will be good with that. I still have to question how malicious these things are. As I said in my first post, obviously they did not start when MWB paid started blocking them, and announcing it in their pop up baloon. And I get them all the time now. So what has happened in the past before MWB was stopping them. If they were indeed trying to infect my machine, why hasn't it stayed infected. But, all that said, still very happy with my purchase of the paid version.

Spoke too soon, thanks Gary, saw where you answed my question. I figured that would work, just wanted to make sure. Still wonder about their intent, as stated above.

Guest garybear

Hello normar!!

The only way you will know for sure if your PC has been infected is to have our malware fighters check it for you.

I can only tell you that I know I was being attacked before I started using Malwarebytes Pro just as you were. I have had my PC checked by our malware fighters here on our forum. They didn't find any infections. My Pc is running just great and there are no signs of malware.

I believe if you have a good Anti-Virus program--A good firewall-- and they were working you don't have any thing to worry about. If your PC starts behaving weird get our guys to check it for you.

I use Avira free AV---Online Armor free firewall, and of course MBAM Pro.

I hope I have helped you.

You would have had to have a unprotected port to get infected. If you weren't hacked before, which I doubt that you were, your in good hands now. MBAM is the best thing sense buttons on a shirt.

Gary

Still wonder about their intent, as stated above.

I can assure you their intent was not good!! :)

Hello normar!!

The only way you will know for sure if your PC has been infected is to have our malware fighters check it for you.

I can only tell you that I know I was being attacked before I started using Malwarebytes Pro just as you were. I have had my PC checked by our malware fighters here on our forum. They didn't find any infections. My Pc is running just great and there are no signs of malware.

I believe if you have a good Anti-Virus program--A good firewall-- and they were working you don't have any thing to worry about. If your PC starts behaving weird get our guys to check it for you.

I use Avira free AV---Online Armor free firewall, and of course MBAM Pro.

I hope I have helped you.

You would have had to have a unprotected port to get infected. If you weren't hacked before, which I doubt that you were, your in good hands now. MBAM is the best thing sense buttons on a shirt.

Gary

I don't have any issues with my computer, so I assume it's not infected. I guess whatever the attackers are searching for, was already protected by firewalls, etc. It is somewhat scary to realize that every minute or so there is someone, probably a bot program, looking for vuneralabilites on our machines. Thanks again.

• Staff
Spoke too soon, thanks Gary, saw where you answed my question. I figured that would work, just wanted to make sure. Still wonder about their intent, as stated above.

These inbound attacks go on 24\7 unabated and odds are will continue for the foreseeable future. As I said previously, the intent is to infect your system and compromise it

Guest garybear
These inbound attacks go on 24\7 unabated and odds are will continue for the foreseeable future. As I said previously, the intent is to infect your system and compromise it

Hello My friend!!

The only way we have to fight this is to report them . I was getting 700+ daily.

I have not gotten one sense I reported them and my ISP finally got interested after I told them I had sent a letter to Homeland Security and the White house. If people will report them, we can stop them.

Now that MBAM keeps a log it makes it real easy. We don't have to put up with this if we get off our lazy behinds and report these cyber thieves and trouble makers.

Yes, You are correct; the intent is to infect and compromise our computers.

If your ISP refuses to help you, go to a higher authority.

Let's get this BS stopped. We can do it!!

I'm fired up ready to go!!!