Can't download lates veriosn..goes into error box..McAfee says Tojan Generic dx detected?

Hello, I'm an avid fan and user of Malwarebytes and went ot update it today with the latest version. When I do this normally it updates and voila..but today when I went to do this I get the:

"The latest version of Malwarebytes has been found....will now close and install the latest version" I hit "OK" and then..

I get the error box:

"An error ocurred while trying to rename a file in the destination directory: MoveFilefailed; code 2, The system cannot find file specified"

simultaneously then my McAfee says it found a Trojan Generic.dx and has removed it..

--

I tried to updated Malwarebytes again and same thing...

--

Is this a false positive or something wrong here?

Do I ignore this and just go on with it?

Thank you for your time.

• Root Admin

McAfee currently has a FALSE POSITIVE set in their definition files that thinks that MBAM is a Virus or Trojan.

You need to contact McAfee support and complain to them. We have already alerted them, but the more users that complain hopefully the faster they will correct their database and remove MBAM from their list. This is not the first time that McAfee has done this.

At this time aside from disabling and attempting to create your own ignore list within McAfee there is nothing else that can be done until they fix it.

McAfee currently has a FALSE POSITIVE set in their definition files that thinks that MBAM is a Virus or Trojan.

You need to contact McAfee support and complain to them. We have already alerted them, but the more users that complain hopefully the faster they will correct their database and remove MBAM from their list. This is not the first time that McAfee has done this.

At this time aside from disabling and attempting to create your own ignore list within McAfee there is nothing else that can be done until they fix it.

When did this happen? recently? geeZ!