McAfee deleting MBAM files

ajax

McAfee is deleting the following MBAM files during MBAM scan:

11/7/2008 9:25:24 AM Deleted C:\PROGRAM FILES\MALWAREBYTES' ANTI-MALWARE\MBAM-DOR.EXE Generic.dx (Trojan)

11/7/2008 9:25:24 AM Deleted C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam-dor.exe\0004c714.EXE Generic.dx (Trojan)

McAfee is deleting the following MBAM files during MBAM installation (I tried to reinstall MBAM twice after the scan deletions):

11/7/2008 9:52:14 AM Deleted C:\PROGRAM FILES\MALWAREBYTES' ANTI-MALWARE\IS-77E88.TMP Generic.dx (Trojan)

11/7/2008 9:52:14 AM Deleted C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\is-77E88.tmp\0004c714.EXE Generic.dx (Trojan)

11/7/2008 9:55:57 AM Deleted C:\PROGRAM FILES\MALWAREBYTES' ANTI-MALWARE\IS-M8P8C.TMP Generic.dx (Trojan)

11/7/2008 9:55:57 AM Deleted C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\is-M8P8C.tmp\0004c714.EXE Generic.dx (Trojan)

I have the same issue. What does this mean? Is McAfee wrongly identifying this file as a Trojan? What is this file do I need it for Malywarebytes program? It says I have a Trojan but I am assuming my machine is not infected. I ran a Kapersky scan day b4 yesterday and it ran clean. I also run MWB almost every day. I update b4 I run scan. Do I just continue to download updates and run MWB as I have been? I get nervous when I see an infection and have a difficult time trying to figure out if it is real, what to delete or restore. McAfee seems to give alot of false positives. Unfortunately, I have a 3 yr subscription which came with my Dell. Soon as it runs out (if not sooner!) I am going to purchase Kapersky scan and other detection products.

It is indeed a false positive from McAfee (yet again), nothing to worry about.

Whew! thanks ;) But is this a file that regenerates when I run an update? I was going to remove the quarantined file instead of restoring. This same thing happened on 10/4 according to my Mcafee logs. I did not know what it was until today. But I know the scanner works without the file.

Hi there, I have just had the same issue, that is why I joined this forum.. I have been running Malwarebytes for a few months now. Since I started using McAfee this has been an issue, usually after McAfee has done a scan.

This morning I tried to run Malwarebytes, no show. Uninstalled and downloaded again, but when coming to install, McAfee blocked, saying it was a Trojan. So I stopped the install. I went to 'WhatTheTech' to make sure I had a legit download of Malwarebytes, started install again, McAfee blocked as a Trojan, I had to ignore the info (not really what I wanted as I have had major issues with virus's).

Is this able to be fixed?? as in McAfee being notified??

Many cheers for your help.

I'm finding these files being deleted immediately upon install by McAfee real time protection as well. I have reported this to McAfee and provided all info we captured here. Hopefully they correct this soon.

Simple fix uninstall McAfee get Avira.

I am getting the same problem when trying to reload MWB.

Never heard of Avira. I had been thinking of switching to Kapersky. Is Avira better worse or the same? McAfee I think, has turned out to be a product for which you pay for the brand name (plus it comes pre-loaded with many computers) but there are cheaper, superior products out there. I just haven't had the time to research.

Thanks but seeing that at the moment McAfee is provided by my Internet Provider Free of Charge, and compared to what I have used before,(I know there are better Free programs Ie: Avast) it doesn't seem to bad.... just this issue with MWB

Cheers

IMO that doesn't solve the problem. Regardless of how one might feel about McAfee some of us are stuck with it and therefore need to let others know as well as seek to get a resolution.

IMO that doesn't solve the problem. Regardless of how one might feel about McAfee some of us are stuck with it and therefore need to let others know as well as seek to get a resolution.

Yes your right they need to fix it. I was being sarcastic. We appreciate you telling us about this second go 'round with them. As for being stuck with it, that would be where the user needs to take action.

I am getting the same problem when trying to reload MWB.

Never heard of Avira. I had been thinking of switching to Kapersky. Is Avira better worse or the same? McAfee I think, has turned out to be a product for which you pay for the brand name (plus it comes pre-loaded with many computers) but there are cheaper, superior products out there. I just haven't had the time to research.

Avira is free very light on resources, none of which McAfee is. They get preloaded because they pay for it. Kaspersky's is a reputable program also.

• Root Admin

Avira AntiVir Personal - FREE Antivirus

Basic protection

Protects your computer against dangerous viruses, worms, Trojans and costly dialers.

Documentation

Avira AntiVir Personal - FREE Antivirus is only available for single computer use for home and non commercial use.

Avira is free very light on resources, none of which McAfee is. They get preloaded because they pay for it. Kaspersky's is a reputable program also.

Thank you for the information!

Hi i have McAfee Total Protection and i have these two files detected.

MBAM-DOR.EXE C:\PPROGRAM FILES\MALWAREBYTES' ANTI MALWARE\MBAM-DOR.EXE

ZFIT4V94.EXE C:\USERS\MATTHEW\APPDATA\LOCAL\TEMP\ZFIT4V94.EXE

The first one looks like it's it for Malwarebytes' AntiMalware but i am not sure about the second one.