After Antivirus8 uninstall Flash player won't load

Not sure if I'm in the right place - but hope you can help or direct me to the right place.Yesterday I got infected with Antivirus8. I was able to remove it with Malwarebytes. I ran Malwarebytes again and it said no problems. After, I ran the Microsoft malicious removal tool and it said no infection. I ran Eset Online and it said no infection. Since this infection, Adobe flash has not worked on internet explorer 8. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall it multiple times. It shows that its being installed, but then all websites that I visit that use flash say it needs to be installed. When I go to IE - tools/manage add ons - it does not show the flash player. When I go to Win explorer and look in the adobe files, it does not show the flash player. When I go to Control Panel and look at programs to be uninstalled - IT IS listed there. I also downloaded the flash plug-in for firefox. That one works! But I hate firefox and want to be able to use IE.I have Window 7 Home Pro, 64 bit. However, I use the IE8 32 bit version. Help figuring this out would be greatly appreciated as I use this computer for work, and I'm getting into my busy season. And yes - I use an antivirus program (AVG 9.0), update the virus definitions daily, and scan daily.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Staff

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!