Need Help Formatting An External Harddrive

SOCIOPATH

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ubuntu is not in my add or remove programs. See, the last time it errored, when i restarted, it said i would need to uninstall it so i did and it seems to be gone. Any other way you want me to check if it is gone for sure? I looked around and all instances of Ubuntu seem to be gone.

Also is there a way for me to double check that CD drive (E:) is useless and doesnt need to be there? See, my DVD burner drive is a sony and is drive (D:) check screenshot

but a while back i had mounted an image for a computer game and then that drive C seemed to stay even when i uninstalled the game. So i assume thats the partition or something even though its useless??

ok i have an option to uninstall the HP virtual cd via the device manager, do i select to uninstall it or disable?

P.S. - the only instances of Ubuntu seem to be the files that we originally put onto the USB stick, drive (H:)

ok HP driver is gone. i still see the exe though of uuactokensvc.exe in the task manager. Should i go to msconfig and disable it and then remove it or what route should i go??

Also should i now go and format my usb stick too??

I also dont see any Ubuntu folder or files where you asked me to look so i think its gone

Also should i uninstall that drive (c:) as well since its useless and has nothing on it?

Update:

I also just ran a full search on my computer for any instances of the word Ubuntu and none exist so it must be gone :)

ok in services under msconfig i have a process called Backup Service ArcSoft Inc. and i am certain that is to do with the HP drive. Any info you can give me on that? In startup i only found one instance of HP for the drive but it wasnt the same exe i was looking for.

ok it seems that the HP Launcher drive keeps coming back after i uninstall it lol. It is back again now. I no longer have the uuactokensvc.exe

running but i do have this exe running which i am not sure what it is: StartManSvc.exe

Also the startup process i disabled was called HPSimpleSaveMonitor but when i check the ending of the location it isn't that uuactokensvc.exe. It was called StartHelper.exe and is located along with a ton of other files in C:\Documents and Settings\Murry\Application Data\HP SimpleSave Application

I have 2 folders with a pile of HP hard drive files inside called HP SimpleSave Application and HPSS

I also have a restore link on my desktop that i was told to create by the HP software when i first bought it. It is related to the HP drive. Should i just delete that file?

It is located at "C:\Restored Files"

It is directly related to the HP drive before we formatted it. It is now useless. Do i simply delete that file?

I am running for supper but any help would be great. I assume these 2 main folders in App data are what is still causing HP external drive programs to run. Let me know what to do with these or if i also need to go further and remove registry entries or something.