Need Help Formatting An External Harddrive

SOCIOPATH

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Run it and accept the license then choose from the drop down box Ubuntu 10.10 i386 then choose browse and locate the iso file on the desktop.

Locate the usb stick you want to use with the drop down box and check the box to format. Choose create and accept twice to verify you wish to format it. After a bit it'll say it's done.

Edit: Asks 3 times to verify.

I am probably getting a bit ahead of myself right now. But i will wait to delete the software which is the launcher for the backup software for the external drive until i am done formatting it first right??

What i mean is, i currently have the main external drive as drive (G:), then i have the HP Launcher drive which is drive (F:)

I assume we will get rid of that drive F later?

P.S. - once i done with the USB stick, i can eventually delete that software off it and keep using as a normal USB stick for my movies etc correct? or is there steps i need to do later on to make it back to a normal USB stick?

Alrighty. Reboot the computer and hit F12 to access the boot menu. After the files load choose to run the live cd. :) Not install. Make sure not to hit the install. if you do just reboot the system as that launches the installer and will wipe everything.

P.S. on the last post you can just format it. :)