Website Blocking not working

Hi all....just bought mbam yesterday, but I now see that the "Add to ignore list" option on the right click menu of the notification area icon is greyed out.

I am also unable to "tick" or select the "Website Blocking" option in the same menu.

Not sure what I`m doing wrong :huh:

(W7 x64 - only other software running is Prevx & LnS firewall)

Thanks, I read all that but seems to have no information relating to the fact that Website Blocking and the ability to add a site to the ignore list is not working at all.

I tried to check the log, but that appears to be coming up as what looks like a hex format file...rather than plain text.

Edit: saved the log file and reopened it in Notepad, I see this error:

MESSAGE Protection started successfully

ERROR IP protection failed: FwpmEngineOpen0 failed with error code 1753

Which appears to relate to this error code:

EPT_S_NOT_REGISTERED

1753 (0x6D9)

There are no more endpoints available from the endpoint mapper.

But that means nothing to me unfortunately :)

• Staff
Thanks, I read all that but seems to have no information relating to the fact that Website Blocking and the ability to add a site to the ignore list is not working at all.

To access a site that is currently blocked that you wish to view, you may add it to the IP Protection ignore list(v1.42 and higher required) as described below:

Navigate to the page and await the alert. Once the alert appears, right-click the Malwarebytes system tray icon(near clock) and select an IP or all IPs listed and they will now be added to the ignore option and listed in the 'Ignore' tab. You may need to refresh the page to access the site.

To remove IPs from ignore, open Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and once open, there will be a series of tabs, labeled in order:

Scanner | Protection | Update | Quarantine | Logs | Ignore list | Settings | More Tools | About

Click the 'Ignore' tab. Then highlight an IP listed and then click the 'Remove' button. The IP in question should now be viewable. You may need to refresh the page or restart the browser.

I tried to check the log, but that appears to be coming up as what looks like a hex format file...rather than plain text.

Your file associations have been changed. By default Malwarebytes uses what Windows is set to use, which, by default in all operating systems is Notepad

MESSAGE Protection started successfully

Please uninstall Malwarebytes via the Windows Add or Remove Programs applet.

Reboot the system. <<<<--crucial step

Then run this clean up tool and allow a reboot when prompted. If this tool displays an error, continue on with reinstall please.

http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam-clean.exe

Then reinstall Malwarebytes Anti-Malware via the link below from one of our trusted download sites(all downloads and set up files are the Free version, registration with your ID & key activate the Pro features)

http://malwarebytes.org/mbam-download.php

Note: Ignore all 'Recommended' or 'Sponsored' software which is prominently displayed, they are ads and we do not have any association with them.

If you need your key & ID or your confirmation email, this information can only be obtained by our reseller, Cleverbridge.

http://www.cleverbridge.com/342/?scope=cuseco

Tech support does not have any access to, nor info pertaining to any sales\shipping\user account\registration issues.

Save the file to your desktop then double-click it to begin installation.

Let us know if this corrects the problem you're experiencing.

Thankyou.....followed those steps: uninstalled fully, rebooted, used the clean tool, rebooted, reinstalled....

Still, the "Add to ignore list" menu item is greyed out and impossible to use....

I also cannot tick/check the "Website Blocking" option on the menu to activate it either....nothing happens at all.

No sites are currently being blocked - the whole IP blocking component is non-functional !

additionally, I am still getting this error as before: ERROR IP protection failed: FwpmEngineOpen0 failed with error code 1753