Am I clean now?

Hi

Over the weekend I ran Malwarebytes and Superantispyware.

Superantispyware found a trojan.agent/Gen-Nullo [Micro], along with several tracking cookies and Malwarebytes found 5 Password.Stealer.

Since then I have changed my AV to McAfee plus (as it is free to HSBC users) and uninstalled AVAST and Windows security essentials (I didn't realise it was bad to have two AV programmes at the same time).

I then run Malwarbytes and it picked up on this ...

Registry Data Items Infected:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\AntiVirusDisableNotify (PUM.Disabled.SecurityCenter) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0)

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\FirewallDisableNotify (PUM.Disabled.SecurityCenter) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0)

Superspyware also picked up on this.

I did a bit of a google and keep finding different information. So far I have put them in my ignore list (Malwarebytes) and trusted (Superspyware).

I was wondering if it is an infection or whether it is likely that McAfee that has changed these settings when I installed it or whether I should leave them in my ignore/ trusted folder or let Malwarebtes/ Spybot fix them for me.

Also I was wondering how I could find out if my computor is still infected with anything?

Any help or advice would be very much appreciated!!!

Thanks

Katie

ETA: Also forgot to mention that I had to do a system restore during all this as I was having sound problems with windows media player and real player after I had to reinstall windows media player (as it told me I had to). I wasn't sure whether the sound problems was due to the virus or the fact that I also ran CCleaner and just told it to fix everything. The system restore was to the point just before I installed CCleaner, which was after I cleaned my computor of the virus.

Those are settings you probably set yourself to disable alerts.

Here's where they are:

Go to Start > Control Panel > Security Center

In the Security Center under Resources you'll see Change the way Security Center alerts me > click on it

You'll see > Firewall, Automatic Updates and Virus Protection

I did a bit of a google and keep finding different information. So far I have put them in my ignore list (Malwarebytes) and trusted (Superspyware).

That's fine and where I have put mine.

Any other questions....please post back, MrC

• 2 weeks later...

Glad we could help. :lol:

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!