Second time: MWB blocks 212.117.175.194 How do I determine what is causing this?

Ric Tell

I posted this question on January 2. There have been 129 views of it but NO replies. Can anyone tell me how to determine what process is actually initiating this attempt to have Avast try to connect to the designated IP? It is always the same IP.

I am using MWB 1.50.1.1100 and Avast 5.0.667. Frequently, throughout the day, I receive a balloon message

informing me that MWB has blocked access to a malicious IP. Example entries in the Protection Log include:

16:04:34 Ric IP-BLOCK 212.117.175.194 (Type: outgoing, Port: 54028, Process: avastsvc.exe)

16:04:34 Ric IP-BLOCK 212.117.175.194 (Type: outgoing, Port: 54029, Process: avastsvc.exe)

Thanks for any light anyone can shed on this matter.

...R Tell

So, you are suggesting, I presume, that the IP address that MWBPro is blocking is, in reality, just an update site for Avast? While I have assumed that some kind of updating process is being attempted, I am uncertain as to how to confirm this. What can I do to confirm that this is nothing more than an address, apparently in Luxembourg, that is actually trying to be accessed by Avast?

Thanks for your help.

R Tell