Silent GPO Installation

Hello all,

1. I want to know how I would go about installing this silently via GPO/login scripting?

I've previously completed GPO installs with .exe's using startup scripts successfully.

Just not sure if the necessary switches are available in the malwarebytes install exe.

I know I can go through making an MSI and loading it into a GPO (I don't want to do that)

I'd just like it if I could find out the exact command line needed for a silent install on startup. (computer policy) vs user policy)

1a. I'd also like to know what reg key is added on install so I can see if it's installed already and skip installation if it's already there. (see code below)

2. Then, I'd like to know what command runs a silent scan with auto-removal for the user's login or on computer start, whichever is possible. (the latter preferred)

Any help is greatly appreciated.

-Beau

For example, this is what I've done in the past to roll out an MS KB update for XP machines so they can use AD2k8 GPOs. (it checks the registry to see if it's already installed before installing. I need this funcitonality too)

@echo off
SET DC_NAME=SCACAIDC03

rem Check to see this is Windows XP
ver | find "Windows XP" >NUL
if errorlevel 1 goto end

rem Check to see if the update is already installed
reg QUERY "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Updates\Windows XP\SP20\KB943729" >NUL 2>NUL
if errorlevel 1 goto install_update
goto end

:install_update
\\%DC_NAME%\netlogon\XP-Client-Side-Extensions-for-AD2008-Windows-KB943729-x86-ENU.exe /passive /norestart

:end

Hello.

As a licensed corporate user, technician, reseller, affiliate or non-profit you have access to the corporate helpdesk, contact them via the email address below.

corporate-support@malwarebytes.org.

They will assist you in this matter. Please provide your corporate license information when requesting help.

I understand. However, before I purchase anything, I want to know if it can be put in a GPO for ease of rollout. Before I see it with my own eyes, I will not approve this product for installation into out 90+ PC network.

I have the free version, and I want it to install on at least one XP PC before I can make any evaluations or decisions. Please help?

Hello again!

Please contact our corporate team using the following online form:

http://www.malwarebytes.org/corporate.php

They'll be better able to assist you in this matter.

In the additional Details please include the technical specifications you would like to request to be answered.

Thank you very much!