dns redirection, wireless doesnot work, desktop view is screwedup.

Hello,

1. When i try to search for something on my ie, mozilla, chrome etc... it gives me results, but then when i click on the link it redirects me to other site (eg: Tazinga.com etc..)

2. My wireless is not working properly on my laptop every now and then.

3. My desktop view is not good, it gets changed every now and then. Im running windows XP home, my brother is running windows7 home premium

4. Initially only my laptop was affected, now i see that my brothers laptop is also doing the same.

We connect to the wireless router, router is belkin.(i had default userid and pwd for my router on 192.168.1.1. But i changed it now.)

i tried your free version of malwarebytes, this is what happened:

1. For my laptop it showed Trojan DNS redirector or something showed up in result and i checked it and said remove. your s/w said it removed but the issue did not get fixed.

2. on my brothers laptop i just tried malwarebytes free version full scan, it showed Trojan.dropper, we tried to check it and remove it, your s/w said it removed it but the issue is not fixed.

Please help me in this regards, this trojan/spam/virus is getting into all our home laptops. I need to stop it urgently.

@goldhound,

thanks for the Reply.

I did the same as you mentioned, just now.

1. it looks like my brothers laptop is not getting redirected to these sites. BUT it is very slow now.
  2. My laptop is behaving really weired:
    • a. Its wireless is turning off automatically when i try to connect to wireless
    • b. it does not get connected to wireless at all, neither it gets connected to LAN
    • c. at the starting of windows, it gives the Win32 svchost error
    • d. it yells saying my firewall is not enabled, when i click on the baloon i see that firewall is enabled.
    • e. while im in the process of configuring my wireless the desktop images and my tasskbar gets changed as if set to highperformance mode, (the one with square and grey shapes Start button.)
    • I ran the windows utility, it showed me Win32/Alureon.h, i cleaned it but still the problem persists

Thank you.

Hello srkandekar, it appears that you are infected and sorry but i cannot help you further here.

As we don't deal with malware removal in the General Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Forum, you need to start a topic in the Malware Removal forum so a qualified helper can help you fix any malware or virus infections you may have.

Please post a NEW topic here. http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showforum=7

After making your new post, make sure under options, you select Track this topic and choose Immediate Email Notification, so that you're alerted when someone has replied to your post.

One of the expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.

IMPORTANT Please do not post to your own topic within the first 48 hours unless a helper has joined.

Replying to your own posts changes the post count and helpers are looking for topics with no replies. If you reply to your own post helpers may think that you're already being helped and may miss your post.

If you have not had a reply from an expert after 48 hours, you can reply to the topic, asking for help again.

Or you may send a Private Message to a Moderator asking for assistance.

Alternatively, as a paying customer, you can contact the help desk at support@malwarebytes.org.

Please be patient, someone will assist you as soon as possible.