Is this a false positives?

M0nwalker

I just scanned recently with the new update after having installed new drivers for my Graphic Card, and all of a sudden I see this one come up as the only infected file form the scan result:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\regfile\shell\open\command\(default) (Broken.OpenCommand) -> Bad: ("regedit.exe" "%1") Good: (regedit.exe "%1") -> No action taken.

Someone care to explain this to a new user here? :D

• Staff

Hi,

This is no real false positive though. Malwarebytes detects non default valuedatas for associations and fixes them again.

Whatever you have installed has changed the default valuedata for the regfile association. In your case, I see it has added extra quotes around the "regedit" valuedata, while, by default, this doesn't contain any extra quotes there. So let Malwarebytes fix this in order to restore the default valuedata for regfile associations again. :lol:

Hi,

This is no real false positive though. Malwarebytes detects non default valuedatas for associations and fixes them again.

Whatever you have installed has changed the default valuedata for the regfile association. In your case, I see it has added extra quotes around the "regedit" valuedata, while, by default, this doesn't contain any extra quotes there. So let Malwarebytes fix this in order to restore the default valuedata for regfile associations again. :lol:

How do I let Malwarebytes fix this? Delete it or? New at using it and not encountered many yet so havent experienced it real yet, please reply if you can! :)