Need to re install windows??

Holiday24

I don't know if I can.

I've tried to do a system restore, but Im only able to run my pc in safe mode. So when I go to do a system restore it tells me I have to turn it on. So I follow the link to turn it on, follow the directions and where they tell me to actually turn it on, there is nothing there to turn on.

Im not great at fixing computers, thats why Im here asking for help. Went through a few days of looking for a virus, which they (peopel here) didnt find. Now they say I should re install windows. So im kinda stuck.

Please list your operating system, eg XP, Vista, win7, and computer maker.

Most have a program to roll back your machine to original configuration built in.

A restore partition lies hidden on the hard drive. You access it by pressing a particular key combination at boot time. The partition does the same thing as a restore disc does.

Please list your operating system, eg XP, Vista, win7, and computer maker.

Most have a program to roll back your machine to original configuration built in.

A restore partition lies hidden on the hard drive. You access it by pressing a particular key combination at boot time. The partition does the same thing as a restore disc does.

I have windows vista.

My computer is a compaq.

I know that this applies to HP and i think Compaq is the same. I got this from HP's website when i had problems with a friends machine and had to format.

You can try this, no guarantees, and i would suggest you go to Compaq's forums or contact Compaq and request back up CD's.

Restore PC to original condition with the Recovery Manager if Windows Vista cannot be accessed

If the PC cannot access Windows, use Recovery Manager to restore the hard drive by following the steps below.

"Press F11 on the keyboard immediately while the PC is starting up. The Backup and Recovery Manager window will appear.

If the Recovery Manager can access the hard drive it displays a prompt to backup up your user files before continuing the recovery. If it cannot access the hard drive to fix the system errors, the Recovery Manager starts recovering the hard drive to its original condition. "