Malwarebytes and Avastsvc.exe

I'm running Avast (free) as my av software and the full version of Malwarebytes. Occasionally I'll miss-type a web address and land on a "bad" site. Malwarebytes will do its job and block the network traffic to and from the malicious site, but I'm confused by the Malwarebytes logfile. Here's an example:

10:47:25 user IP-BLOCK 174.120.244.218 (Type: outgoing, Port: 53419, Process: avastsvc.exe)

Is Malwarebytes blocking Avast? Do I need to change a setting? Am I compromised?

Greetings :D

This is quite normal. The reason it is showing Avast! instead of your internet browser is because Avast!, like many antivirus softwares, hooks into your browsers to scan internet traffic for infections and block malicious websites as well. The same thing happens with Kaspersky, if Kaspersky is installed and the user browses to a website on Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware's block list it will show that AVP.exe is being blocked instead of the user's internet browser.

Your system isn't compromised and you don't need to take any additional action.

Greetings :D

This is quite normal. The reason it is showing Avast! instead of your internet browser is because Avast!, like many antivirus softwares, hooks into your browsers to scan internet traffic for infections and block malicious websites as well. The same thing happens with Kaspersky, if Kaspersky is installed and the user browses to a website on Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware's block list it will show that AVP.exe is being blocked instead of the user's internet browser.

Your system isn't compromised and you don't need to take any additional action.

Thank you! That answered my question precisely and put my mind at ease.