Parameters to close scan when finished

Sorry if this is a dumb question but I've tried searching the forums and the help and cannot find what I'm looking for.

I'm trying to schedule a scan to run overnight, but then close once complete so that the PC can shutdown (on its own script based schedule). I know with the -terminate switch that the scan will close if no threats were found. But what about a way to terminate even if threats are found? I'd rather review the log in the morning and rescan to remove threats, than leave the PC on all night with MBam and the log open. I hope I'm not missing an obvious switch or parameter. Thanks.

Greetings :blink:

You can use the scheduler to do this by checking the box next to Perform scan silently from system account.. It won't remove anything it finds unless you also check the box next to Remove and quarantine all threats automatically. but the scan will still terminate when it completes and it will save a log as long as you have MBAM set to save logs already.

If you want to do this from the command line you can use the -silent switch, it will also terminate, and you can also use the -log switch to save a log no matter what the GUI logging options are.

Note that either method I described above requires that you are running the PRO version and will not work with the Free version.

You can find additional info on all of the command line switches in the Help file included with Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware. Just open MBAM and click on the About tab and click the Help button :blink:.