Trojan.FakeMS False Positive!? Causing Win 7 System File Checker (sfc /scannow) to show bitsadmin.exe problems, etc.

wtd6e

I have the latest version of Malwarebytes (VERSION 1.50.1.110) and I have in the Quarantine tab showing Trojan.FakeMS. It states the location as being:

c:\\Windows\winsxs\x86_microsoft-windows-bits-bitsadmin_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.16385_none_4ce7e7256dbfa16f\bitsadmin.exe

I noticed a problem today when I did a System File Check in the CMD prompt (Ran as Administrator), that I have file errors that the System File Checker could NOT fix. I also ran a a full disk check for bad sectors and files and it found no bad sectors on my drive. The SFC CBS.log shows problems with bitsadmin.exe. SEE ATTACHED SYSTEM FILE CHECKER SCAN CBS.LOG ZIP FILE! (unzip to see)

Now IF this is a false positive, how to I keep Malwarebytes to keep from removing this false file? When I restore it using the restore button in the Quarantine tab, it keep removing it back to Quarantine!

I have not had any System File Checker problems until Malwarebytes removes this "false" file.

Help ASAP!

Thanks!!

This was fixed yesterday.

You should be able to unquarantine the file and since it was only a file in backup, would not affect your actual system if removed.

The current file that windows is using was updated to a new version a while back and was not affected by this.

This was fixed yesterday.

You should be able to unquarantine the file and since it was only a file in backup, would not affect your actual system if removed.

The current file that windows is using was updated to a new version a while back and was not affected by this.

It keeps returning back to quarantine! I try to restore and it will return! Why? And also why does System File Checker shows it "missing" which leads it (SFC) too come up with unrepairable files pertaining to the file bitsadmin.exe being missing?

Something is not right here.

Ideas?

Malwarebytes is not up to date as this is not and has not been detected for 24 hours now.

Until you update definitions this will continue.

I have the paid version and I have it set to auto update every five minutes and it states it is the latest defs!!

When do a manual "Check For Updates" it states it is the latest also, yet when I restore the quarantined file, it immediately

will put it back in quarantine when I go to that tab again.

Ideas!! :blink: