computer crash

kare206

Have you tried holding down the f8 key when you power on? That should give you the "windows advanced options". You can also tap the f8 key continuously at boot if that gives you a stuck key error. I would suggest you try the "last known good configuration" if you are able to access the options.

Try downloading the Dell 32 Bit Diagnostics (Graphical User Interface version) utlity.

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/...heckFormat=true

Download via the link listed under Hard Drive

Run the file and select Create a Bootable CD. You'll need a blank disc to burn it too.

Reboot the computer and press F12 and boot from the cd drive.

Edit: Since you are probably doing this on another computer you may want to change the extraction point for the diagnostic file as it normally goes to C:\Dell . Such as the desktop or a temporary folder as it will remain there. This will provide easy cleanup on on the alerternate computer. Then delete the folder afterward.

There is some kind of infection because right before this happened. Trend Micros found 4 infected folders. I updated Malwarebytes program so that I could do a full scan. It updated and then went to restart the computer and now I'm stuck in this cycling mode. I can't get anything running to run the Malware.

There is some kind of infection because right before this happened. Trend Micros found 4 infected folders. I updated Malwarebytes program so that I could do a full scan. It updated and then went to restart the computer and now I'm stuck in this cycling mode. I can't get anything running to run the Malware.

I can get into the recovery mode prompt but I don't know what I should do there. It gives me the c://windows prompt.