Full/Quick Scan Skips Files

I've been using Malwarebytes for a couple of years and it's saved me a couple of times. I just noticed something and am curious to know if this is normal. When I do a full scan, It scans through about the first 1200 files in maybe 15 seconds, and then jumps in the numbering from about 1200 to about 29,000 and then proceeds over the next 45 minutes or so to scan up to about 300,000 files. Is the skipping that I see intentional (for example, smart scanning that skips unchanged files, or really large ones), or is something wrong here? This skipping behavior also happens when I am doing a quick scan, and regardless of whether I scan only C: or all of my drives.

This is normal behaviour. Keep in mind.. we don't scan only files. Its registry keys, memory processes etc. We have verified numerous times that it is scanning fully.

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. Yes, I knew much of the scanning was items stuff other than files, and I should have been more precise when I wrote that.

One more detail, though. When it appears to go from ~1200 items scanned to ~29,000 items -- in an instant -- what is actually being "skipped," if anything?