Seriouse Ethical issues

pickyantivirus

Malwarebytes are saying that Iobit have stolen from their database. the proof they have is some of the detections are called the same, this was caused by users submitting files and the iobit engine automatically naming them after the file name (as malwarebytes does with some). this has left a damaging mark on both company's and has cause endless rows. i therefore refuse to re-purchase malwarebytes or use it to disinfect machines. instead i will use more reliable software, such as comodo, hitman pro, and drweb, i will also be using superantispyware.

I hope your reputation is as severely damaged as Iobits, and you should both be ashamed of your selves bringing something like this into an already fragile market.

a response from a malwarebytes representative would be nice, and i am sure that this will be removed very quickly.

Malwarebytes are saying that Iobit have stolen from their database. the proof they have is some of the detections are called the same, this was caused by users submitting files and the iobit engine automatically naming them after the file name (as malwarebytes does with some). this has left a damaging mark on both company's and has cause endless rows. i therefore refuse to re-purchase malwarebytes or use it to disinfect machines. instead i will use more reliable software, such as comodo, hitman pro, and drweb, i will also be using superantispyware.

I hope your reputation is as severely damaged as Iobits, and you should both be ashamed of your selves bringing something like this into an already fragile market.

a response from a malwarebytes representative would be nice, and i am sure that this will be removed very quickly.

To begin with, you are very late to this situation, there exists a thread from over a year ago here. http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?s...t=0&start=0 Secondly, what do you mean by "repurchase" Malwarebytes? If you bought it you have a lifetime license. Using it to disinfect machines? Plural? Do you have a business? If so you must purchase a separate license for that purpose.

What a ridiculous thing to say.

first off iobit were caught stealing red-handed so how can malwarebytes be damaging its reputation by protecting its own products against theft?

more reliable software you mention..comodo quite dubious as of late.hitman pro.mmm doubtful.

If anything it has made malwarebytes a stronger product.

regards.

• Staff
This thread should be closed before into turns into a argument.

Good idea.

@ pickyantivirus, we stand by all the information presented in the links below:

http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=29681

http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=30989

http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=33217