Flash of a Camera

A lawyer was driving through town when he saw the flash of a traffic camera. He figured his picture had been taken for exceeding the limit, even though he was certain he was not speeding.

Just to be sure, he went around the block again and passed the same spot, driving even more slowly. Again, the camera flashed.

Now he began to think this was quite funny, so he drove even slower as he passed the area again, but the traffic camera still flashed.

He tried a fourth time with the same result. He did it again a fifth time and again the camera flashed as he rolled past at a snail's pace.

Two weeks later, he got five tickets in the mail for driving without a seat belt.

Thanks Alex, I'll check it out soon.

Yep, how can you forget? It is so important to wear a seatbelt. Same with looking before you cross the street. I don't think about these things; I just do them. Taught since I was very young to do these things and they've always stuck with me, that's why they are second nature now, instead of having to think about it.

Yes, it is the first thing I do after closing the door.

It isn't a question of how can you forget, rather a question of why don't you use them?

Very true, that is a much better way to put it.

I've been wearing seat-belts since we had to install the kits in our older cars ourselves; since 1964 when all a seat-belt was a lap belt. It was a USAF base requirement at the time for a base sticker but it sure helped keep one sitting nice and straight and tucked all the way into the seat, especially on those 1,000 mile trip home. Going on 47 years and knock-knock; no harm; no foul.. :welcome:

~Steve

I've been wearing seat-belts since we had to install the kits in our older cars ourselves; since 1964 when all a seat-belt was a lap belt. :)

I remember those days. I wasn't driving, to young to get a license (14). I remember my dad installing them in our car. The son always wants to be like dad, so I put two of my belts together to make a seat belt and installed it on my bicycle! Drove down the road, fell and about killed myself :welcome::) . oh boy, teenagers! Live & Learn.