Help! Nic Bridge Failure + No Sound

Well first off the NIC Bridge Failure. I've been googling this problem for awhile and have attempted almost everything to try and fix it. When I first start up my comp it brings me to a black screen and it says "Alert! Error Initializing PCI Express Nic Bridge. NIC Failure" Then I have to press F1 for my comp to continue starting up. I bought a wireless network adapter and honestly just would like the error message to stop coming up every time I start up my computer. I've updated my Bios, turned the Integrated NIC to off and have done every reset and flash to the bios that I could think of but still no luck! Also I would have loved to just replace the NIC card but it is wired into the motherboard and not in a PCI slot. I also have a sound problem that has been going for a long time. I'm not really sure how to find out what sound card I have or if my driver is up to date but I remember trying to update my sound card awhile ago and I still could not get the comp to have sound. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Im not sure if you need my specs but here they are:

Dell Generation 4 XPS

Bios: A07

Intel Pentium 4 CP3 3.2GHZ

4GB Ram

Windows XPS SP3

Thank you,

-Mark

• 2 weeks later...