BSOD after running Malware for first time

On my desktop computer that runs Windows 2000 Professional (I have some old applications that need it!), I decided to install and run Malwarebytes. (mbam).

It installed and then ran finding one trojan. It asked if I wanted it fixed and I said yes. Trojan was associated with freezip.exe.

mbam_log_2011_01_01__10_00_55_.txt

But now when I attempt to boot, I get a BSOD containing:

STOP 0x00000CE (0xEB6A30BC, 0x000000, 0xEB6A30BC, 0x000000)

DRIVER_UNLOADED_WITHOUT_CANCELLING_PENDING_OPERATIONS

This driver may be at fault :VIAAGP1.SYS

** Address: EB6A30BC base at EB6A0000, Datestamp 00000000 - viaagp1.sys

** Address: EB6A30BC base at EB6A0000, Datestamp 00000000 - viaagp1.sys

etc.

This happens well into the W2K splash screen and does it even if I try and boot into safe mode, regardless of which option I choose.

This machine has two drives so I can choose to boot XP off other drive from BIOS and that is how I accessed the above attachment. No problems booting XP and current hardware and BIOS settings.

Any suggestions on how to recover W2K?

Having had this problem, I am hesitant to install Malwarebytes on XP or my laptop.

In doing a search I found someone else had almost the identical problem:

http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?s...ost&p=40893

But he was fortunate that by going back to last known good configuration in Safe Mode, his system booted. Mine will not.

I should mention that I had not done anything but run Malware on this computer this morning. Problem occurred whn asked to reboot. Prior to that it had booted normally.

In doing a search I found someone else had almost the identical problem:

http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?s...ost&p=40893

But he was fortunate that by going back to last known good configuration in Safe Mode, his system booted. Mine will not.

I should mention that I had not done anything but run Malware on this computer this morning. Problem occurred whn asked to reboot. Prior to that it had booted normally.

Well I tries to do a W2K repair with an SP4 update CD. Wewll it overwrote my previous installation completely along with all my files & data. Luckily I have thse backed up.

But, I guess I won't be trying Malware again - Just not worth the risk of having the same thing happen again

\