regfile and scrfile infections

Malwarebytes has repeatedly discoveedr two infections but can't fix them. I've run Malware over a dozen times, each time it quarantined the two items below, I restarts the computer, and the infections were back. How serious is this, and what should I do?

Registry Data Items Infected:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\scrfile\shell\open\command\(default) (Broken.OpenCommand) -> Bad: (NOTEPAD.EXE %1) Good: ("%1" /S) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\regfile\shell\open\command\(default) (Broken.OpenCommand) -> Bad: (NOTEPAD.EXE %1) Good: (regedit.exe "%1") -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Thanks.

Hello janedoe:

What is the scan result from your installed antivirus? If the infection is coming over and again, I will suggest you to please read and follow the instructions in I'm infected - What do I do now? An Expert will assist you in removal process. Alternatively, as a paying customer, you can contact the Help Desk

Should you have any other question(s) please post back using MXyBj.png button

• Staff

Hello, janedoe.

For 'Broken.Open.Command', the most common reason that continuously reoccurs is due to Iolo's System Mechanic, which keeps changing it back every time Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware fixes it.

If you have System Mechanic (or that Dell tune up software that is based on System Mechanic), then you can simply add the detection to your ignore list the next time you see it. Malwarebytes sees and reports that the association for these files are not the default ones as set by Windows (since malware may alter these associations as well). When you select to remove in Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware restores it to the default associations again (as set by Windows).