Google Analytics Pop-ups

Hi everyone,

Within the last week, I've gotten a new computer running Windows 7, runs fine and everything, but there is something I have noticed. The first network I used on this computer was in a different place than the one I am currently using and plan on using as my main access, and I never had any problems on that one. But ever since I moved my computer to this current network, every once in a while I receive pop-ups from "results.google-analytics.com" and other similarly titled sites. I've scanned my computer using Malwarebyte's many times, but nothing ever turns up. I am running a firewall and everything, yet I still periodically receive these pop-ups. They are nothing but a minor annoyance, but I am concerned they may be warning signs of a more serious issue.

It is worth noting that another computer on this network was infected by many, many serious viruses because of a lack of firewall or automatic updates and I managed to fix it up, but I'm afraid there may be some residual malware on that system that may be using my home network to make these pop-ups. Or I could be completely wrong. Either way, any help would be welcome!

Thanks!

By resetting the router, do you mean unplugging it for longer than 10 seconds and replugging it? I tried that, no changes.

Caveat...I'm not a computer expert by any means. My router has a reset button on the back. When I reset my router, I first press the router reset button using a push pin (because the reset button is tiny) until all the lights are blinking (can take10-20 seconds). Then I unplug the power cord for 30 seconds. Once all the lights quit blinking, I restart my computer and then try going online. Note that when you reset your router, it removes any password that you set up on the router company's website, so you'll need to assign a new password. If you haven't had a router password,it may have contributed to the hijacking that the Malware tech suggested.

This is usually a result of DNS Settings being hijacked. Check your dns settings on the computer and the router itself. What internet connection do you use (cable, fios etc) and do you have dhcp set to on in the router.

I decided to try resetting the router again and it seems to have worked this time. Thanks!

However, I would like to know if this router hijacking is the result of malware or something else, and what I could do to protect myself from it if possible.

This is usually a result of DNS Settings being hijacked. Check your dns settings on the computer and the router itself. What internet connection do you use (cable, fios etc) and do you have dhcp set to on in the router.

Ok I may have spoken too soon. I just received a couple more pop-ups from the same url.

Ok I have a wireless network, cable, dhcp is on. There is also a firewall active on the router itself, if that helps at all.