System tool 2011 - Help!

Hi - I can't seem to get rid of system tool. :) I followed the instructions and ran Malwarebytes - it originally caught a bunch of stuff that I then had removed. I don't have system tool showing on my screen anymore but - things aren't right. I cannot turn on automatic updates for Windows, I can't get to Task manager and my email account got hacked - and this is since I thought it should be gone.

I have done a few scans and these 2 items keep showing up:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\BITS\ImagePath (Hijack.WindowsUpdates) -> Bad: (%fystemRoot%\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs) Good: (%SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs) -> Delete on reboot.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\wuauserv\ImagePath (Hijack.WindowsUpdates) -> Bad: (%fystemroot%\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs) Good: (%SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs) -> Delete on reboot.

It says delete on reboot but then nothing happens. What am I doing wrong (sorry I am not a real tech expert at all)?

• Staff

Glad I could help. :)

Please read my Prevention page with lots of info and tips how to prevent this in the future.

And if you want to improve speed/system performance after malware removal, take a look here.

Extra note: Make sure your programs are up to date - because older versions may contain Security Leaks. To find out what programs need to be updated, please run the Secunia Software Inspector Scan.

Happy Surfing again!

• 2 weeks later...