Malwarebytes Appears Compromised

Whenever I try to do a scan with Malwarebytes, it starts saying "Not Responding" at the same spot every scan. It will stay this way for about five minutes and then suddenly say that it is completed with the scan and found nothing wrong. I know for certain it did not complete the scan because it did not go through nearly enough files on my computer to even equal half. To be clear, this is even when doing a Full Scan. I have the newest version. I tried uninstalling and reinstalled the program and it does the same thing on the same file. I don't know what to do to fix this and believe that I have something malicious on my system that I am unable to find and remove. I took a screen cap of the scan when it freezes and I took down the name of the file. I deleted the file even to see what would happen, but it then did the same thing on another in that same folder. Here is the directory it dies at:

C:\Program files\Mozilla Firefox\extensions\{CAFEEFAC-0016-0000-0022-ABCDEFFEDCBA}\chrome\locale\sv-SE\ffjcext\ffjcext.dtd

Also, it will not let me view a log after it has supposedly finished scanning with no results. I am attaching the photo.

post-64145-1293674969_thumb.png

Hello Mara Jade and :)

I suggest letting one of the Experts have a look at it to start the cleaning process. It is a FREE service

As we don't work on Malware removal in the General Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Forum as it is for issues with the program itself,

only in the Malware Removal - HijackThis Logs section

Please print out, read and follow the Directions Here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete. Then post a NEW Topic Here

One of the Expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.

Please note that it may take 48 hours or more for you to receive a response in the malware removal forum, as it is often busy at times. Please do not reply to your own post asking for help unless its been more than 48 hours since you originally posted, as this can make it appear as though you are being helped and take longer for you to get help. If no one has replied within 48 hours then please go ahead and either reply to your post or send a private message to a Moderator and let them know that you're still needing assistance.

If you are unable to do all or any of the steps in the link to the directions above, just post your problem into the forum I gave you a link to anyway and someone will be able to assist you.

After posting your new post make sure under options that you select Track this topic and choose one of the Email options(Immediate Email Notification) so that you're alerted when someone has replied to your post.

Email Notification of new messages

Also, when replying, please use the ADDREPLYa8JTu.jpg button located at the bottom of the page, as this makes the forum easier to read.

Alternatively, as a paying customer, you can contact the help desk at support@malwarebytes.org or HERE

NOTE: This is based on this Mbam Thread HERE