Possible false positive: Notepad++ Portable SciLexer.dll

Flashlight

> Malwarebytes Forum > Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Support > False Positives

Post Preview

MalwareBytes ver 1.50.1.1100 with updates 12-29-2010 (and earlier versions) identified the NOTEPAD++ PORTABLE file SciLexer.dll unpacked from install file NotepadPlusPlusPortable_5.8.6.paf.exe (source: PortableApps.com ie http://sourceforge.net/projects/portableapps) as being a trojan virus. The Developer log reports:

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.50.1.1100

www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: 5418

Windows 6.0.6002 Service Pack 2

Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.18999

. . . .

Files Infected:

g:\notepad++portable\App\notepad++_ansi\SciLexer.dll (Trojan.Downloader) -> No action taken. [05259d7832cec937c9864aecd0300ff1]

g:\OES\UTILs\notepad++portable\App\notepad++_ansi\SciLexer.dll (Trojan.Downloader) -> No action taken. [51d9ac69ba4670904f0095a1db2559a7]

I've read on the Forums here and at Portable Apps this particular file has (in times past) turned up as a false positive with AVG and others. I note VirusTotal says the file is OK. I'll upload it to the excellent staff at Malwarebytes confident they will give it a thoughtful analysis, and clear up this possibly false positive report. Thank you, in advance.

SciLexer.zip