How to use a Screen Capture tool..

ShyWriter

On Windows 7 I like Snipping Tool that also works on Vista

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/features/snipping-tool.aspx

The tutorial shows how to use THAT tool as well as how to do a lot of image maniplation with a variety of tools on various systems.

~Shy

Thank you for this article, Steve.

Thanks Gracie.. Guess you're the only one that understands the difference between using a TOOL, being a TOOL, and following a TUTORIAL.. Everyone is marking smart aleck remarks about THEIR tool is better and I'm trying to point people to a TUTORIAL that shows HOW to USE the tools. :lol:

~Shy

Nice tutorial, I love FSCapture it's simple and easy to use

There are a few Settings changes I would add to the tutorial.

I can't remember what the default setting for Delay before capture was but I think was too small at 0 (instant capture) or 1. I think it's best to have it at 3 to 5 (depending on your speed around the screen with a cursor :) )

This will allow you to click on the capture button then drop down a Menu or bring up a balloon etc before the capture happens, these are often the important/necessary items when troubleshooting a problem.

Tick the first 2 buttons at Additional buttons on capture panel

The first one Open File in Editor (folder image) will let you immediately open the folder that your captures are contained in.

The second one Screen Magnifier (balloon image) will magnify (zoom) the area of the screen that you click, you can then drag the cursor around to see other parts of the screen. Right click to exit the magnifier.

Nice tutorial, I love FSCapture it's simple and easy to use

There are a few Settings changes I would add to the tutorial.

When I was playing with it, I used the RECTANGULAR capture and the 0 capture was OK as the dot still moves all over before one clicks and starts the rectangle but I could see where in other modes 0 wouldn't work. I hate that magnifying section.. it's kind of a distraction. When I moved from ScreenHunter Free to Pro the first thing I did was disable a similar magnifier. :) It does a lot of stuff for FREE that ScreenHunter Free didn't.. like drop shadow, etc.. But for what we use it for on the Boards, etc, either is good. I have PSP X3 for close work and GIMP if I just want to mess.

@Mona: Thank you.. Where've you been hiding.. Still on Holiday? :P

~Shy

Steve, I'm not hiding (wish I could have done though with the bad weather we had these last weeks (why can't we just hibernate till it's spring again?)). Just very busy at the office (there are only two of us) and with the festive season there are a lot of receptions to attend (most of them work related so I can't skip them :P ) which leaves very little time for anything else.

Steve, I'm not hiding (wish I could have done though with the bad weather we had these last weeks (why can't we just hibernate till it's spring again?)). Just very busy at the office (there are only two of us) and with the festive season there are a lot of receptions to attend (most of them work related so I can't skip them :) ) which leaves very little time for anything else.

Your charming presence, words and smiles have been sorely missed.. Wished I worked at an Embassy.. All that food and drink funded at taxpayer expense.. *ducking* JUST kidding; have no idea where you work. Hopefully your workload will lessen as the year becomes 2011 and you'll be back to your normal posting self. Have a GREAT Happy New Year!!

~Steve..

Heyyyyyyyyyyyyy; I missed my kiss under the mistletoe.. (They DO do that in Belgium, yes??) *snif* :)

Thanks Steve, you've made my day. :)

I'm working for the federal government, nothing exciting (or secretive :) ).

We don't really have the custom of "kissing under the mistletoe" but, on the other hand, whenever we meet up with family or friends, we always give each other three kisses on the cheek (in The Netherlands it's two kisses) so, should I meet you every day ... :)

:)

*grin*

2 lumps or 3, it's ALL kisses to me.. *laugh*

I prefer the Belgium way tho' :)

EDIT: You know why Belgium waffles are so much better than Norwegian waffles??

They get flufflier as they waffle in deciding whether to go with two kisses.. or three.. The way I look at it; syrup and whipped cream either way. :) :)