Anti-malware blocks legitimate sites

Guest dor123

For many times that i wasn't be able to enter www.emule-project.net, the official site of Emule, until it become known to me that it is blocked by either of my security software or my internet provider.

Today, 25.12.2010, i played with the site blocking options of my Anti-malware software and this resulted in several temporary successful enterings to Emule site.

So i uninstalled Anti-malware and i finally can get into Emule site.

Why Anti-malware site blocking option, blocks Emule official site and another legitimate sites?

Edit: The Emule official site blocked every time i installs Malwarebytes Anti-Malware in my computer, even if the option for site blocking isn't operates. So i have little choice but to uninstall Anti-Malware.

• Staff
Edit: The Emule official site blocked every time i installs Malwarebytes Anti-Malware in my computer, even if the option for site blocking isn't operates. So i have little choice but to uninstall Anti-Malware.

Pretty much all P2P sites will be blocked due to the enormous amount of malware distributed on these sites.

Rather than uninstalling learn how to use the ignore feature:

To access a site that is currently blocked that you wish to view, you may add it to the IP Protection ignore list(v1.42 and up required) as described below:

Navigate to the page, right-click the Malwarebytes system tray icon(near clock) and select an IP or all IPs listed and they will now be added to the ignore option and listed in the 'Ignore' tab. You may need to refresh the page to access the site.

To remove IPs from ignore, open Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and once open, there will be a series of tabs, labeled in order:

Scanner | Protection | Update | Quarantine | Logs | Ignore list | Settings | More Tools | About

Click the 'Ignore' tab. Then highlight an IP listed and then click the 'Remove' button. The IP in question should now be viewable. You may need to refresh the page.

Temerec,

I don't understand - I have Mbam 1.50 I think . (& have been having major problems with many major torrent/ p2p sites being blocked - e.g. irfree.com,kickasstorrents.com, avaxhome.ws & many more - although I thought it was malware).

I don't see any IPs listed when I navigate to Mbam's tray options, after going to any of above sites, and getting "site is down" message. But maybe I'm misunderstanding you.

HOWEVER, I simply unticked Website Blocking in options there - and presto! - all the above sites are back! (This has been killing me).

I notice Mbam has option under Protection - to detick "Start malicious website blocking" - when Protection module starts.

So perhaps that is the simplest option, rather than uninstalling whole Mbam prog?

[Would be grateful still to know how you can unblock particular sites from Mbam]

• Staff
Temerec,

I don't understand - I have Mbam 1.50 I think . (& have been having major problems with many major torrent/ p2p sites being blocked - e.g. irfree.com,kickasstorrents.com, avaxhome.ws & many more - although I thought it was malware).

I don't see any IPs listed when I navigate to Mbam's tray options, after going to any of above sites, and getting "site is down" message. But maybe I'm misunderstanding you.

HOWEVER, I simply unticked Website Blocking in options there - and presto! - all the above sites are back! (This has been killing me).

I notice Mbam has option under Protection - to detick "Start malicious website blocking" - when Protection module starts.

So perhaps that is the simplest option, rather than uninstalling whole Mbam prog?

[Would be grateful still to know how you can unblock particular sites from Mbam]

You may have to wait for the IP to populate the system tray, it may take several seconds.

You may have to wait for the IP to populate the system tray, it may take several seconds.

I have some problem too

No baloon in system tray what site is blocked so i cant click and add ip adress to ignore list and i cant add web adress pressing ADD button in settings :)

Preveus version (1,4x) if blocked site - i see site ip adress in trai

And version 1.4x blocked not all sites - some sites not be blocked - blocked only advertisemend-banners content

no i cant connect to that site and not see any ip what be blocked

i think this is MBAM bug :)

Plz fix it and be best if u add choice to manul add to ignore list www and ip adressens.

• Staff
I have some problem too

No baloon in system tray what site is blocked so i cant click and add ip adress to ignore list and i cant add web adress pressing ADD button in settings :)

Preveus version (1,4x) if blocked site - i see site ip adress in trai

And version 1.4x blocked not all sites - some sites not be blocked - blocked only advertisemend-banners content

no i cant connect to that site and not see any ip what be blocked

i think this is MBAM bug ;)

Plz fix it and be best if u add choice to manul add to ignore list www and ip adressens.

If there is no alert, do you have them set to block silently?

If not then Malwarebytes is not blocking anything.

• 2 weeks later...
If there is no alert, do you have them set to block silently?

If not then Malwarebytes is not blocking anything.

I check where is problem:

If i check box in MB options - see popup alerts when site is blocked - i see popup and i can add blocked ip to ignore list too

But

If i unchek box in MB option - i notl ike to see popups with alerts - and i'm can't add blocked ip's to ignorelist - no choice - i mean i not see thats ip's on right-click on MB tray icon:(

So, my Q is:

What i can do if i not like to see alert popups about blocket sites - but i need to have a choice to add blocked IP's to ignore list?

Plz can u do funktion to manual add ip to ignore list from MB option?

Can u add function to MB option - black list ? So user can be manualy add IP's and domain-names what be blocked on user-pc?

• Staff
I check where is problem:

If i check box in MB options - see popup alerts when site is blocked - i see popup and i can add blocked ip to ignore list too

But

If i unchek box in MB option - i notl ike to see popups with alerts - and i'm can't add blocked ip's to ignorelist - no choice - i mean i not see thats ip's on right-click on MB tray icon:(

So, my Q is:

What i can do if i not like to see alert popups about blocket sites - but i need to have a choice to add blocked IP's to ignore list?

Plz can u do funktion to manual add ip to ignore list from MB option?

Can u add function to MB option - black list ? So user can be manualy add IP's and domain-names what be blocked on user-pc?

The only way to add IPs to be ignored is to enable the blocking option.