Licensed Malware Bytes User - laptop infected with WINPC Defender

I am a licensed Malware Bytes User so laptop was in Protected Mode - I went on to a site (modxcms.com) that I thought was safe and have been on it many times before and did get a warning but chose to ignore it and within ten seconds my laptop is infected really bad with WINPc defender (http://www.2-spyware.com/remove-winpc-defender.html).

I'm running Windows XP Pro and my Malware Bytes has been removed and if I try to do anything such as taskmanager or regedit to try and manually remove it , it will not allow these programmes to open.

I can run the laptop in safe mode but do not exactly know what to do next

Looks like I've solved this!

I did a restore!

Although this does not show as a solution when Googling the problem - maybe as I turned off Internet access as soon as I saw the various screens etc I did not expose the laptop to everything - that said - I was unable to go into task manager (ctrl alt delete) and go into regit and it did delete Malwarebytes.exe and other programmes - but after system restore and reinstalling Malware and running a complete scan it did find a virus and I'll post the log later.........

Thanks

Hi,

There might still be some remains on your system. I can check you PC if you want:

Please download DDS and save it to your desktop.

• Disable any script blocking protection.
  • Double click dds.com to run the tool..
  • When done, DDS will open two logs (DDS.txt and Attach.txt).
  • Save both reports to your desktop.

Please include the contents of DDS.txt in your next reply.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please download Rootkit Unhooker and save it to your Desktop

• Double-click on RKUnhookerLE to run it
  • Click the Report tab, then click Scan
  • Check Drivers, Stealth Code and uncheck the rest
  • Click OK
  • Wait until it's finished and then go to File > Save Report
  • Save the report to your Desktop

Copy the entire contents of the report and paste it in a reply here.

Note - you may get this warning it is ok, just ignore: "Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself!

It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?"

• 1 month later...
  • Staff

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!