Ice fishing for what?

I have never understood ice fishing

image001112.jpg

image00441-4.jpg

image0077-7.jpg

OK- now we got the car- where the heck is the SNOWMOBILE?!?

image0088-8.jpg

image0099-9.jpg

image01111-11.jpg

Right - now we can FISH!!!

image01515-15.jpg

Hey Joe- where did you park? I got a GREAT spot not far from here

image01616-16.jpg

image01717-17.jpg

image01818-18.jpg

No shortage of idiots here...

:P You started something gypsygrace........

One afternoon on the ice, two old timers sat on their pails dejected. No luck all day! Finally Wayne said to his buddy as a couple snowmobiles went by, ya know Steve, we should be trolling like those guys.......

Darned straight Wayne.. Remind me to tell you the SUMMER fishing tale about a unruly zipper and trolling for chicks.. :lol:

~Steve

That doesn't look safe. :lol:

Hi Buttons

I went ice fishing or rather to observe as I was fascinated and wanting the experience. The village I lived was very stringent about how many inches or feet the ice should be before you could get on th

lake. At the time, we walked down to the lake, as it wasn't thick enough for vehicles. The village held ice racing, yep, you heard right. Ice races. I can't remember now what the name of it was but it

was the biggest event around and brought in people from all over. The people I talked to said that they preferred the ice to be no less than 3 feet deep. They relied on an older gent, the oldest in the

village, as he had been doing it (checking the ice) for decades and he know how the ice should look.

Sad to say, I missed the races as I was busy doing other things.

Here is a link that explains safety rules on the ice but as the pics about show, not everyone adheres to them.

http://www.nodakoutdoors.com/ice_fishing_safety.php

:lol: You started something gypsygrace........

One afternoon on the ice, two old timers sat on their pails dejected. No luck all day! Finally Wayne said to his buddy as a couple snowmobiles went by, ya know Steve, we should be trolling like those guys.......

You mean you want to be a troll? :P

I'm not touching that :P

That's what she said.. *wry grin* Some girls just won't bait their own fishing hooks. :)

Say G'night Gracie.. *laughing*

~Steve..

PS: I really couldn't go where I wanted to go with your straight line but I did the best I could... Night crawlers.. yeah.. that's the species.. :lol:

Touche pussycat! :P

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO not gonna touche` THAT one.. :)

@Steve, i'm not doing even a bit of explaining, i'm "shy" now :)

Wayne

Oh no you don't.. You're Edgar Bergan and *I'm* Charley McCarthy.. As the ventriloquist you speak for bof' us.. (Shy indeed.. )

You ain't laying all this out on the poor wooden dummy.. (Poor, wooden, SHY dummy :))

By the way; they're going to issue a 100 year birthday stamp for Ronald Reagan so when they dig him up to do his likeness for the stamp, we can get some of that voodoo magic going and get these politics back on track.. *wide grin*

Grace is such a sweetie; what she ever do to deserve a pair like us?? :)

~Shy McCarthy

and Friend.. :)

"Momma told me there'd be days like this; that's what momma said, to me..."

Get the bucket Wayne so I can carry the tune, ehh? What'da ya mean they all smell like fish? :) Damned Ice Fisherman (had to be ON TOPIC somehow)

Hi Buttons

I went ice fishing or rather to observe as I was fascinated and wanting the experience. The village I lived was very stringent about how many inches or feet the ice should be before you could get on th

lake. At the time, we walked down to the lake, as it wasn't thick enough for vehicles. The village held ice racing, yep, you heard right. Ice races. I can't remember now what the name of it was but it

was the biggest event around and brought in people from all over. The people I talked to said that they preferred the ice to be no less than 3 feet deep. They relied on an older gent, the oldest in the

village, as he had been doing it (checking the ice) for decades and he know how the ice should look.

Sad to say, I missed the races as I was busy doing other things.

Here is a link that explains safety rules on the ice but as the pics about show, not everyone adheres to them.

http://www.nodakoutdoors.com/ice_fishing_safety.php

Cool.:) Sounds really neat.:)

Think it's really beyond stupidity on this one. If that ice breaks it's game over. I can't think of a less intelligent idea. Stupidity is contagious. :)

Actually i used to do a lot of ice fishing in my younger days. It was all we had cause hard water dominated the prairies for 6 months or more. I saw many vehicles that went through the ice. I always wondered which fool would be first to drive on the lake :)

The problem was not always thin ice but springs that kept some areas from freezing enough and you could not tell by looking so i always followed tracks and if they disappeared ahead i backed up fast! :)

There was always a fool who would not walk the couple hundred feet to set up and parked too close to a thin spot :)

Now i stand here on the questionable ice and Steve has moved up next to me whilst stomping his feet and grinning like the Cheshire Cat! I think he wants me to go into the deep end with him :)

Cheshirecat.png

Help, me out here guys.......

Now i stand here on the questionable ice and Steve has moved up next to me whilst stomping his feet and grinning like the Cheshire Cat! I think he wants me to go into the deep end with him :)

Help, me out here guys.......

I'm stamping my feet 'cause it's COLD OUT HERE... :)

~Steve

Can I at least get some new batteries for my sock heaters?? (To the tune of "Baby, it's cold outside..")

~Shy

Bun'cha chicken plucking, ice fishing, water dipping friends.. hurrrummppffff...

:) :) Chill out Steve, or are you still upset about frozen Oranges down there? Send them up, i like fresh frozen juice with my nice clear, very old grain product :)

Wayne

:) :) Chill out Steve, or are you still upset about frozen Oranges down there? Send them up, i like fresh frozen juice with my nice clear, very old grain product :)

Wayne

Believe it or not, the agriculture department and government agencies involved in the state only allow PERFECT, Grade A vegetables and fruit to leave the state. (To protect the reputation of Florida.. ha!) We, in state, have to eat the not-so-pretty garbage.. Or, as in the case of Oranges and grapefruits, made into juice or concentrate.. So you likes them "screwdrivers" do you.. Well.. I'll have to leave it at that... Can't afford more trouble..

You'll note the one that started all this has been nowhere to be seen since about message 8 or 9 and an innocent ice-fishing explanation for Buttons... Harrrummppffff.... Can't stand the heat, shouldn't be on the ice to start with. :)

Aaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... FRESH BATTERIES.. My toes and feet thank you.

~Steve

You'll note the one that started all this has been nowhere to be seen since about message 8 or 9 and an innocent ice-fishing explanation for Buttons... Harrrummppffff.... Can't stand the heat, shouldn't be on the ice to start with. :)

~Steve

I can stand the heat. Only problem is I'm so hot that I go right through the ice :welcome:

That's what she said.. *wry grin* Some girls just won't bait their own fishing hooks. :welcome:

Say G'night Gracie.. *laughing*

~Steve..

PS: I really couldn't go where I wanted to go with your straight line but I did the best I could... Night crawlers.. yeah.. that's the species.. :)

I can bait the hook. It may look like like crap but it's there. I love to fish, very relaxing.

:)