Can't Connect To Internet After running MBAM

Son's computer had some antivirus popup alert that would not allow access to internet, control panel, or any programs. I ran computer in safe mode and was able to transfer MBAM file to it and ran. It found 9 items and I had them removed but now unable to connect to internet. I have looked at LAN connection, firewall, and tried various things but can't seem to figure it out. His computer is connected wirelessly and I can see that the connection makes it to the router but can't seem to get out past that. When running Windows internet diagnostics it says that something could be wrong with the firewall because it cannot connect throught HTTP, HTTPS, or FTP.

Please help.

Will do tomorrow as it late here today. Is there something I should be looking for when I do this? If I am still getting thr same response what would be the next step? And if it connects with ethernet then do I just reinsall wireless network setup?

Thanks again.

Hello hm269!

A quick question to assist you:

What OS are you using?

I suggest resetting your tcp/ip settings: LinkToMicrosoftHelp There are two options: Let Microsoft Fix it for you or Use a manual method to reset TCP/IP. I suggest doing the Use a manual method to reset TCP/IP

Thank you very much!