update hourly--scan daily!!

Guest garybear

Guest garybear

Hello! I'm not having any problems, but I do have a question.

I have MBAM scheduled to update hourly and to scan daily. In my log, I'm only seeing up dates. I do not see a log for scan. I think I use to see a scan log. Also my log doesn't slow that it up dates every hour. Is is possible that the log only shows when a up date is available, other wise it just doesn't show that hour.

I hope I have explained this well. Also am I vulnerable when the IP Protection is stopped while MBAM is up dating?? I love my MBAM!! MBAM up dated 5 times in this log, but no scan log!

Thank you!!

00:01:36 Owner MESSAGE Scheduled update executed successfully

00:01:36 Owner MESSAGE IP Protection stopped

00:01:54 Owner MESSAGE Database updated successfully

00:02:04 Owner MESSAGE IP Protection started successfull

08:01:31 Owner MESSAGE Scheduled update executed successfully

08:01:31 Owner MESSAGE IP Protection stopped

08:01:50 Owner MESSAGE Database updated successfully

08:01:59 Owner MESSAGE IP Protection started successfully

11:01:33 Owner MESSAGE Scheduled update executed successfully

11:01:33 Owner MESSAGE IP Protection stopped

11:01:51 Owner MESSAGE Database updated successfully

11:02:00 Owner MESSAGE IP Protection started successfully

13:01:33 Owner MESSAGE IP Protection stopped

13:01:33 Owner MESSAGE Scheduled update executed successfully

13:01:52 Owner MESSAGE Database updated successfully

13:02:01 Owner MESSAGE IP Protection started successfully

14:02:18 Owner MESSAGE Scheduled update executed successfully

14:02:18 Owner MESSAGE IP Protection stopped

14:02:47 Owner MESSAGE Database updated successfully

14:02:57 Owner MESSAGE IP Protection started successfully

Hello garybear and Merry Christmas!

I do not see a log for scan

The log you posted are in the Protection Logs. Look in the mbam-log for the scan logs, at the top above the protection logs.

Also am I vulnerable when the IP Protection is stopped while MBAM is up dating??

I would say NO (Not a Expert) but would make sense that Mbam is only allowing the update from their own server at time of update. If this is not correct, one of the Experts will correct me.

Thank You, :D

Guest garybear

Hello friend! The log is not there. I use to get one. I will check my options again. Thanks for your reply. I pasted the whole MBAM log. It's not at the top, but I think that's where I use to see it. I probably don't have the right option ticked.

Thanks friend!!

Alright then try below

Quick Scan and Full Scan Logs

Windows 2000 & Windows XP:

C:\Documents and Settings\<USERNAME>\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs

Windows Vista & Win7:

C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs

NOTE: Mbam does not update every hour, but it checks to see if a update is available every hour

NOTE: Make sure that the box is checked in settings "Automatically save log file after scan completes"

When MBAM executes a scheduled scan you'll see a message similar to the following in your protection log:

05:29:00	Exile7x64	MESSAGE	Scheduled scan executed successfully

The same is true for updates, but the message for an update will only show up if it actually downloaded an update, not when it checks for updates and none are available.

For the scheduled scan to run, your PC needs to be turned on at 3:00 (the time you have your scan set to run in the scheduler) and you also need to be logged into Windows or you need to set it to run silently from the system account if you want it to run the scan no matter who is logged on.

edit: I just noticed that the protection log you posted only goes up to approximately 14:00, which is actually 2:00PM, so your scheduled scan should have run 1 hour after that. You may also want to change the time for your scan so that it isn't the same time as your update, perhaps offset by 5 minutes, so 3:05PM for your scan instead of on the hour so that it's out of sync with your scheduled updates that occur hourly.

Guest garybear

Thanks friends!! I hope I have done this right. I have rescheduled and separated them by 15 minutes.

I will report back if this works or doesn't work.

Thank you, your are appreciated!!

post-43884-1293296210_thumb.jpg

Guest garybear

Hello!! OK friends. You need to make your reply's into a sticky some way. I followed your advice and it worked perfectly. My PC is now up scanning as scheduled. It took 4 minutes. I don't think this feature ever worked right before. It's working great. Tell Ron to give you guys a raise :D I had it scheduled at 3:15. It worked beautiful. I really appreciate the help. Merry Christmas my friends. The scan competed as scheduled and logged it. I'm a happy camper. I love my MBAM!! It's all working perfectly now. Thanks friends!!

post-43884-1293313061_thumb.jpg

Guest garybear
That's great garybear, glad to be of service :D.

You can also re-create that scan to terminate MBAM once the scan completes, it will do so as long as no infections are found. If infections are found, it will remain open so that you can review the detected infections and remove or ignore them as needed :D.

Please explain.

You can also re-create that scan to terminate MBAM once the scan completes, it will do so as long as no infections are found.

Thank you my friend!! Love my MBAM even more now that it's working the way it's supposed to!

There is an option you can check for the scheduled scan: Terminate program when scan completes successfully.. If that box is checked, the program will close as long as the scan is clean, that way you don't need to close it yourself :D.

Just remember, to change a setting for any existing scan or update you must first delete the scheduled scan or update and then select all the options you want for it (checkboxes etc), then click Add.

Guest garybear
You're very welcome :P

Even with a scan set to terminate after running, you'll still get a scan log as well as an entry in your protection log that shows that the scheduled scan executed successfully.

Thanks friend!! I've got it. Thanks for all your reply's. You are very much appreciated. I have learned a lot from you. I think MBAM is running the way it's supposed to now. Can you pin this topic for others or some thing. It's great advice and it works. I think it's the first time MBAM scheduling works like it's supposed to for me. I love my MBAM. It's a great program. I'll never be without it. Hey friend if I buy Avira Pro, will MBAM work with it with no conflicts?? I have the free version of Avira now! I run Online Armor firewall free also. They all work well together now and I hate to mess things up.

PS My PC has never ran better. I have it backed up on DVD's , USB, and a secondary HD. I have xp3 and I use Macrium Reflect. I can be back just like I am now in 45 minutes, even if the old HD dies. That's a good feeling friend!! Thank you, you are very much appreciated.

Gary

You're welcome, I'm glad I could help. As for getting it pinned, I'm not sure. We are working on some tutorials for the scheduler and other things, but they aren't finished yet. I'll actually need to make a note of this particular issue because it may be a bug. As I understand it, a scheduled scan and a scheduled update should be able to start at the same time, but as your case showed, they don't, the update check prevents the scan from running, which is not the desired behavior so I'll verify this issue on my own test systems and notify the developers.

Hey friend if I buy Avira Pro, will MBAM work with it with no conflicts?? I have the free version of Avira now! I run Online Armor firewall free also.

Yes, Avira Premium works just fine with Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.

You might find these instructions useful as well (they apply to Avira Free but they should also work for the Premium version):

Set Exclusions for Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware in Avira:

1. Open Avira and click on Local Protection on the left
  2. Click on Guard
  3. Click on Configuration on the upper right
  4. Click the checkbox next to Expert mode on the upper left so that it is checked
  5. Under Guard, click the + next to Scan to expand the list
  6. Click on Exceptions
  7. Under Processes to be omitted by the Guard click the ... button next to the blank white box
  8. In the browse window that opens, navigate to C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  9. Double-click on mbam.exe then click the Add button
  10. Repeat steps 7-9 for the following files:
    • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe
    • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe

[*]Click on Apply

[*]Close Avira's window

Set Exclusions for Avira in Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware:

• Open Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and click on the Ignore List tab
  • Click the Add button on the lower left
  • In the small browse window that opens, navigate to C:\Program Files and click once on Avira and click OK
  • Close Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

I've never found it necessary to set exclusions but it might improve your overall system performance and help to avoid any future conflicts that might arise later on.

Guest garybear

Hello Sam!! Thank you my friend. You are appreciated. This is what my log looks like after following your advice. It's working perfect for the first time sense I have had MBAM.

Thank you my friend. I will also follow your other advice. This old man thanks you sir. The Chinese IP's have also stopped and that makes me very happy.

03:01:34 Owner MESSAGE Scheduled update executed successfully

03:01:34 Owner MESSAGE IP Protection stopped

03:01:54 Owner MESSAGE Database updated successfully

03:02:05 Owner MESSAGE IP Protection started successfully

10:01:33 Owner MESSAGE Scheduled update executed successfully

10:01:33 Owner MESSAGE IP Protection stopped

10:01:53 Owner MESSAGE Database updated successfully

10:02:03 Owner MESSAGE IP Protection started successfully

12:01:38 Owner MESSAGE Scheduled update executed successfully

12:01:38 Owner MESSAGE IP Protection stopped

12:02:00 Owner MESSAGE Database updated successfully

12:02:11 Owner MESSAGE IP Protection started successfully

14:01:40 Owner MESSAGE Scheduled update executed successfully

14:01:40 Owner MESSAGE IP Protection stopped

14:02:10 Owner MESSAGE Database updated successfully

14:02:20 Owner MESSAGE IP Protection started successfully

15:15:00 Owner MESSAGE Scheduled scan executed successfully

21:01:37 Owner MESSAGE Scheduled update executed successfully

21:01:37 Owner MESSAGE IP Protection stopped

21:01:59 Owner MESSAGE Database updated successfully

21:02:10 Owner MESSAGE IP Protection started successfully

post-43884-1293508511_thumb.jpg

Guest garybear

I've never found it necessary to set exclusions but it might improve your overall system performance and help to avoid any future conflicts that might arise later on.

Hello friend!! I set exclusions as you suggested. Thanks Sam!! I love my MBAM!!

You are appreciated my friend!!

Guest garybear

Hello Sam!! Would just like to add that I'm subscribed to this topic, but I don't always receive a email notification. Some times I do and some times I don't.

Thank you my friend!!

PS That's why I'm late replying. Sorry!!

No problem, and you're very welcome :lol:.

Just to let you (and anyone else reading this topic) know, we are currently testing and attempting to replicate the issue you reported initially where your scheduled scans were not executing when scheduled for the same time as your updates. Hopefully we'll be able to duplicate the issue in-house and get the problem fixed in a later MBAM version :P.