ip blocking of avira

jesuselifelet

mbam is blocking access to ip address 212.117.163.146.. there has been a lot of malicious stuff, hosted within that ip address range, that is why it is blocked..

what website were you trying to access at ip address 212.117.163.146? how was it that you were trying to connect to ip address 212.117.163.146? i don't know but it is possible that something, on your computer, was trying to download malware from ip address 212.117.163.146 unless you were deliberately trying to go to a website that is located at that ip address..

• 1 month later...

Sorry for missing your post. The problem here is 212.117.163.146, which belongs to a root eSolutions IP range. This is NOT a range I'd recommend you ever visit. If you know of a legit website on this range, advise they move elsewhere immediately.

• 3 months later...

Sorry for missing your post. The problem here is 212.117.163.146, which belongs to a root eSolutions IP range. This is NOT a range I'd recommend you ever visit. If you know of a legit website on this range, advise they move elsewhere immediately.

The ip in question is owned by 'AppWork GmbH' which publishes jdownloader.

The ip in question is safe.

Tainting all ip's within the given subnet with same brush is completely wrong advice.

Blanket statements like this can be extremely damaging specially when unfounded.

jDownloader is open source, check it out for yourself.

cheers

raztoki

http://svn.jdownloader.org/users/170

related post: http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=85689