AVG finds two infected files in Malwarebytes' folder

herrn

First time scan with AVG Anti-Virus Free finds two infected dll's in

"C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamnet.dll";"Trojaner: BackDoor.Generic13.YXN";"Infiziert"

"";"C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamcore.dll";"Trojaner: BackDoor.Generic13.YXM";"Infiziert"

on a brand new system.

Scans with Malewarebyte's Anti-Maleware, AdAware & Spybot Search&Destroy couldn't find those.

As i guess deleting those files would damage you'r software, but if they are actually are infected ...

could you somehow check if the files are false positves?

post-63634-1293209374_thumb.jpg

Reported it to AVG today, as did several other people. :P

Hi!

Merry Christmas!

The same has just happened to me :D !

AVG 9.0 (Paid Version) wouldn't let me run MBAM. I uninstalled MBAM and reinstalled - no joy! Same situation as herrn, but can't run MBAM at all!

I'm running a scan with SAS.

Undoubtedly, it's a problem with AVG. Might have to look elsewhere for my AV protection on this machine (I use Avira & Avast on others!)

FotoSketcher-yuleblog.jpg

I've been using AVG and Malwarebytes together for some time now. Malwarebytes since it's beta. I repair computers for a living, and recommend both to my customers. Most all of my customers have both, and I see a flood of calls coming (Thanks AVG) :P . This must have been the recent update from AVG, as I installed both on computers in the shop yesterday, and did not get the AVG warning. I trust they will have another update to fix the problem quickly, as they usually are very fast at resolving issues. So please don't get in a panic just yet. Enough reports to AVG, and they will address it promptly.

The below directions provided by the Malwarebytes support team will resolve the issue until AVG initiates an update to remove the False positives:

Michael Dickman, Dec-24 14:45 (PST):

Hello and welcome to the Malwarebytes consumer helpdesk. Thank you for choosing Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware as your malware security solution, my name is Michael Dickman and I'll be assisting you today.

Currently, AVG is deleting some of our files, and you will need to turn off AVG anti-virus and then reinstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware. Note that, after reinstalling, you will need to add the following folder to the exclusions list in AVG, after which you can turn AVG back on:

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

If you have a 64-bit edition of Windows, then the folder will be in the following location instead:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

You will then need to clean out and uninstall malwarebytes, and then re-install to fix this issue.

Part 1: Please uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware via Add / Remove Programs in Control Panel.

Reboot the system.

Then run this clean up tool and allow a reboot when prompted. If this tool displays an error, continue on with reinstall please.

http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam-clean.exe

Part 2: Install Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware by following the link below to be forwarded to one of our download mirrors (Please ignore all the ads and promotions. This download is free.).

http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam-download.php

Save the file to your desktop and double-click it to begin the installation, selecting options you desire when presented. This is when you want to turn AVG back on, and go ahead and add the files listed above to the exclusion list. This will prevent the files from being deleted in the future.

Part 3: (Users of the free version can ignore this step) Once installed, register the software with ID and key:

There should be an Malwarebytes' icon on the desktop, double-click that to open program. If there is no icon, you can go to:

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware<<<<this folder... and double click the mbam icon in that folder

Once opened, click on the 'Register' button in the lower-left corner, and enter your ID and key.

Please make sure you are COPYING and PASTING the ID and key directly from the confirmation email into the proper fields. Please also make sure you are only including the letters and numbers and not the words ID or key. Finally, make sure you are not including additional spaces before or after the ID and Key.

If done correctly you should get it registered.

If you need your ID and key, please contact our payment processing partner - Cleverbridge:

http://www.cleverbridge.com/342/?scope=cuseco

Tech support does not have any access to, nor info pertaining to any sales\shipping\user account\registration issues.

Regards, :D

As Foretold (a little Legend of the Guardians reference there :D ) I just recieved the new update from AVG, and they addressed the issue. My Malwarebytes starts and runs without a hitch. Darn, and I was hoping to get a little work out of this! :D

Everyone please read this:

http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=71130

It was a false positive.

Thanks very much - all sorted!

Merry Christmas! :P

I found this very useful info in your excellent forum:

http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?s...mp;#entry167851

I'm a member of this UK computer forum: http://forums.computeractive.co.uk/ and I'll now be able to help anyone else with this problem!

'Happy New Year' and keep up the great work you do here in 2011!