is protection module enabled?

i'm just starting out here with the mbam pro and i have 2 questions. should the mbamservice.exe still be listed under task manager processes even when the program is completely shut down? the other thing i'm trying to figure out is if the protection module is still enabled when i close the program but still have the mbam icon present in the taskbar notification area or do i need to open the mbam program and minimize it in order for the protection module to be fully enabled? the task manager says it isn't fully enabled but it's confusing because the taskbar icon still shows that it is enabled?

i'm just starting out here with the mbam pro and i have 2 questions. should the mbamservice.exe still be listed under task manager processes even when the program is completely shut down? the other thing i'm trying to figure out is if the protection module is still enabled when i close the program but still have the mbam icon present in the taskbar notification area or do i need to open the mbam program and minimize it in order for the protection module to be fully enabled? the task manager says it isn't fully enabled but it's confusing because the taskbar icon still shows that it is enabled?

An easy way to tell if the program is running click on the icon in the tray, click on the protection tab, and then if it is running it would say (above the start protection button) Protection Module is enabled.

Not sure about your other questions so will leave those for someone more knowledgeable.

Hi there zenofrog909.

should the mbamservice.exe still be listed under task manager processes even when the program is completely shut down?

Yes. The service controls active protection and works behind the scenes.

the other thing i'm trying to figure out is if the protection module is still enabled when i close the program but still have the mbam icon present in the taskbar notification area

As long as the tray icon is there, protection is enabled. :) Right-click on the tray icon, it should show protection enabled. You do not need to keep the main program open all the time. That would be very inconvenient!

Hope this helps.

An easy way to tell if the program is running click on the icon in the tray, click on the protection tab, and then if it is running it would say (above the start protection button) Protection Module is enabled.

Not sure about your other questions so will leave those for someone more knowledgeable.

thanks yes i know that but i was referring to the taskbar notification area to the right of the tray. i have the program closed but when i right click on the taskbar notification area icon it still says protection enabled but i know it can't be since the program isn't enabled in the task manager processes. what i'm trying to figure out is if there is a way to run the program with just the taskbar notification area icon showing but it doesn't appear you can do that unless you fully open the program and then minimize it to the tray.

Hi there zenofrog909.

Yes. The service controls active protection and works behind the scenes.

As long as the tray icon is there, protection is enabled. :) Right-click on the tray icon, it should show protection enabled. You do not need to keep the main program open all the time. That would be very inconvenient!

Hope this helps.

i understand what you are saying we are just using differrent terms for the notification area to the right of the quicklaunch bar. yes when i right click it it says enabled but it confused me because the task manager didn't seem to be using all the needed processes to run the protection module so thats why i was asking if it would still work under those circumstances. since you can't see the protection module without opening the program i don't know how we could prove its still working but if your sure it is i'll take your word for it thanks much and sorry for the confusion between task bar and notification area lol.

The service mbamservice.exe is performing the protection functions, and is independent of the mbam.exe process.

well i'm sure having good luck with malwarebytes so far. the first scan found 25 items that my superantispyware couldn't even find and the low system resources it uses is unreal. i can't even tell i installed anything extra. super program. just hope it keeps up the good work. thanks much swandog46.