Error starting service

This version doesn't work for me :)

After updating and rebooting the realtime shield was shut down, and couldn't be restarted. I got

[startService] De gewenste actie kon niet uitgevoerd worden, Foutcode: 1075

And yes, MBAM service wasn't started.

I tried uninstalling and a fresh install, using the mbam-clear procedure, shutting down Avast! but nothing works :) Using Vista 32 bit.

Greetz, Red.

Hello Rednose, hope this Holiday Season is treating you very well!

Perhaps you missed a required restart from your fresh install, it is very important. Please do the following: If you already have a copy of the installer for Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, delete it, you need to download a fresh copy of the latest version:

• Click on Start and select Control Panel
  • Open Add/Remove Programs
  • Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Restart your computer very important
  • Download and run mbam-clean.exe from here
  • It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so very important
  • After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here
    • Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via email if using the Pro version
    • Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.
      Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray if using the Pro version. Now setup any file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications. You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or ask and we'll explain how to do it.

I un-installed avast! Pro 5.1.835 BETA on my XP Pro system and now MBAM resident protection works well.

I noticed the same unusual characters that xpk7 showed before removing MBAM and avast!

Now to do the same on my Windows 7 system.

Thanks for the info and workaround.

Aside from Safe Mode, the only other workarounds I found were to either edit the reg entry for MBAMService manually so that it contained the correct value for DependOnService or to uninstall Avast! before registering MBAM and enabling protection.

Disabling all of Avast!'s shields along with setting exclusions for all of MBAM's files and processes (including MBAM's drivers) in all of Avast!'s shields had no effect.