Ran Malwarebytes, restarted to complete, and now cannot open malwarebytes!

Dear wise Malwarebytes sages,

This evening I ran Malwarebytes (on Windows Vista, 32-bit), and it discovered about 40 issues. I clicked to delete the issues, and it prompted me to restart the computer to fix all of the problems. After restarting, Malwarebytes was listed as a program "blocked by windows." I could not open the program as a normal user, or as an admin. I also noticed that I could not open Mozilla Firefox, HijackThis, or any other anti-virus program, though I could open Google Chrome, and VLC. I renamed the Malwarebytes file in safe mode, tried again to open it normally, and that too did not work.

I entered safe mode and successfully ran Malwarebytes there, but it didn't catch any issues. I read through the various posts on what to do in this situation, but none of the SOPs fixed my problem.

Please help!

:lol:

Please don't attach the scan results, use Copy/Paste

DO NOT use any TOOLS such as Combofix or HijackThis fixes without supervision.

Doing so could make your pc inoperatible and could require a full reinstall of your OS, losing all your programs and data.

Vista and Windows 7 users:

1. These tools MUST be run from the executable. (.exe) every time you run them

2. With Admin Rights (Right click, choose "Run as Administrator")

Stay with this topic until I give you the all clean post.

You might want to print these instructions out.

Note: Close all browsers before running ATF Cleaner: IE, FireFox, etc.

Please download ATF Cleaner by Atribune.

Download - ATF Cleaner