Due to inclement weather in Southwest Florida, our Clearwater support team is offline. Our other offices are available to assist you, however their responses may be delayed. We appreciate your patience and understanding during this time. ×

Possible false positives

eddyg

Hi,

After updating to database 5364 (the previous database was from Dec 16) a system scan reported "File Infected" for two files, supposedly Spyware.Banker. The two files are both dlls installed into the program folder by the freeware file manager "Unreal Commander" which I have on both my desktop and laptop for about 6 months with no problems until now. After the infection report I ran a scan on my laptop which still had the previous database and got no positives, after updating the database on the laptop the two files were reported as infected.

I have not had any problems recently (that I know of...) on either of the computers so I am guessing that these are false positives. I have attached a log file and a zip with the two suspect files.

Thanks in advance for checking and many thanks for a great freeware program!

Eddy Goldberg

possible_false_positives.zip

mbam_log_2010_12_21__09_39_27_.txt