Keyscrambler

gypsygrace

I've been thinking about getting a keylogger or keyscrambler would be better but I have not clue.

Not so much a keylogger, I guess. I just want to scramble my key strokes.

Could someone please advice, also the reason for your recommendation.

Thanks to all replies.

I've been using KeyScrambler for ages : the pro (paid) version on the Inspiron 1501 and the free version on the Dell mini; it really disguises everything you type (and you can actually see the characters it gives for what you're writing). You only have to disable it when you have to fill in a Captcha, as it causes problems then.

So far, I haven't encountered any problems using KeyScrambler on both systems and it gives me a nice, safe feeling. :)

I've been using KeyScrambler for ages : the pro (paid) version on the Inspiron 1501 and the free version on the Dell mini; it really disguises everything you type (and you can actually see the characters it gives for what you're writing). You only have to disable it when you have to fill in a Captcha, as it causes problems then.

So far, I haven't encountered any problems using KeyScrambler on both systems and it gives me a nice, safe feeling. :)

Thanks Mona.

I was under the impression that with keylogger you could see and a keyscrambler you can't. Tells ya how much I know.

Thanks, I'll take that under consideration. :)

It is what I'm leaning toward anyway.

I just get a little nervous when I don't fully understand. Think that is what I want to say.

Thanks again Mona

Grace

Grace, you should give the free version of KeyScrambler a try and see whether you like it. I started using it after reading some good comments about it here on the forums by one of our experts (but I can't find the thread anymore as this was somewhere in 2009).

I found this, but it is for the paid version.

http://anti-keylogger-software-review.topt...ler-review.html

I did find this

http://download.cnet.com/KeyScrambler-Pers...4-10571274.html

Off I go to download.

Thanks again, Mona.:)

You wouldn't want a keylogger unless you wanted to spy on someone using the computer say the kids for example, but having one on the machine is a security risk

there are commercial keyloggers available that are not malware related and many big companies use them to monitor the way there employee's use the companies computers

Thanks Wildman for responding :)

Yep, I gathered that is what the keyloggers are for and no, I don't need that. No kiddies here to spy on :)

I downloaded the keyscrambler 2.7.1, but I'm not seeing it working or is it in the background working?

Grace;

KeyScrambler extension as suggested by Mona is what I use and I have been 100% satisfied. On a few (not all) sites you have to disable it to enter CAPTCHA verification words or letters, but that is a simple click off, click back on.

I use the FREE version not so much because I can't justify the PAID version but I don't use any of the programs the PAID version adds to its repertoire. And my FREE version *is* 2.7.1.0. You can install the older version if you wish and update to 2.7.1.0 from within the program or go to the QFX Software site and download the correct version for your browser.

~Steve

Grace, did you restart your PC after installing KeyScrambler?

It's only when you're typing something you should see a small bar appear (either down on the left, down on the right, on top on the left or on top on the right). You'll never see it when you're just doing some browsing.

post-2252-1292859707_thumb.jpg

Edit : I forgot to add you'll see exactly the same using the free version, sorry.

Grace, did you restart your PC after installing KeyScrambler?

It's only when you're typing something you should see a small bar appear (either down on the left, down on the right, on top on the left or on top on the right). You'll never see it when you're just doing some browsing.

post-2252-1292859707_thumb.jpg

Edit : I forgot to add you'll see exactly the same using the free version, sorry.

Yes, I rebooted.

I downloaded from c-net. It is in my programs but not showing anything. Like I said it wasn't me to download FF add- on. So should I unstall and then just go to addon and download that one?

I just downloaded the KeyScrambler program myself. this is the first time I have used it and hope that it works the way it is supposed to. if so i wish that i would have gotten it a lot sooner. :)

Grace;

KeyScrambler extension as suggested by Mona is what I use and I have been 100% satisfied. On a few (not all) sites you have to disable it to enter CAPTCHA verification words or letters, but that is a simple click off, click back on.

I use the FREE version not so much because I can't justify the PAID version but I don't use any of the programs the PAID version adds to its repertoire. And my FREE version *is* 2.7.1.0. You can install the older version if you wish and update to 2.7.1.0 from within the program or go to the QFX Software site and download the correct version for your browser.

~Steve

Thanks Steve.

You get back to bed and get better, mister. I don't want to see you mopin':)

Get well soon.

I just downloaded the KeyScrambler program myself. this is the first time I have used it and hope that it works the way it is supposed to. if so i wish that i would have gotten it a lot sooner. :)

Where did you get yours from?

Did you have to also download the add-on from FireFox, that is if you use FireFox?

Hey Grace... I pulled my copy of KeyScrambler from Here. I did not have to do anything at all. I used FF and it started right up. I have not found anyplace I can not use it yet....yet :).