MBAM won't load or update

Hi,

I've tried installing Malwarebytes several times and always get the same error codes. I tried originally when I had a virus, but my computer is now clean and has been for some time, so I thought I'd try again. But still get the same error:

An error has occurred. Please report this error code to our support team. PROGRAM_ERROR_UPDATING (-2146893798, 0, CryptAcquireContext)

Keyset as registered is invalid.

I get a similar error except saying PROGRAM_ERROR_LOAD_DATABASE when I press OK.

Help please! I'd love to use this program. I've heard so many good things about it.

Thanks!

try this and see if it helps:

# Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware using Add/Remove programs in the control panel.

# Restart your computer (very important).

# Download and run this utility. mbam-clean.exe

# It will ask to restart your computer (please allow it to).

# After the computer restarts, Temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here

Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent if you are using the paid version

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your help. I tried the process exactly as you described it, but got the exact same messages again. I installed the program on a friend's computer and it worked just fine, but no luck here.

If I could get the free version to work, I'd purchase the full version. It really did the job on my friend's computer.

Hello kcoll:

Couple of questions:

1. Did you follow instructions in Post #2 by prairie dog?
  2. How do you know your system is clean? (at times there are remnants left behind that require special tools and expert's knowledge for complete removal)

If you have already followed item 1, then I would suggest to please read and follow the instructions in I'm infected - What do I do now? An Expert will assist you in removal process. Alternatively, as a paying customer, you can contact the Help Desk

Should you have any other question(s) please post back using MXyBj.png button