Browser wars

goldhound

Input from experts and opinions from others welcome :lol:

I have stayed with Firefox for a few years now, there have been some rough patches but the time spent with old versions of IE left me so angry that it created a mental block about ever going back. Lately i have caved a bit and tried IE 9 beta with mixed results. I do not like the "feel" of it and that may be due to my being in a rut.

Also have been trying chrome and am not convinced that it is as safe.

A prime question for me is the actual benefits of FireFox addons regarding security. eg, noscript, better privacy, ghostery. I am not comfortable anymore without them, am i overreacting to web security issues? Do IE 9 or Chrome have similar addons available or in the works? I know that ghostery works on Chrome and IE9 has new security measures also.

Flat out speed re page rendering is over rated IMO as i can easily live with a few nano secs slower :rolleyes: I have noted that it seems all browsers can become corrupted or clumsy over time. I had to wipe my Firefox profile and create another about a year ago but partly if not largely due to a conflict with a Norton patch.

Anybody want to educate me?

Chrome and Firefox are far safer then IE due to the active x technology so ether will be better. But I really don't know much about browser security.:rolleyes:

Edit: Look at this topic started by Shy. :lol:

http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?s...t=0&start=0

Another browser topic. :P

http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?s...st&p=215022

Firefox is safer when it comes to drive-by downloads and exploits. From my experience with testing them, Firefox somehow automatically crashes itself when it encounters one. Internet Explorer does not. There have been a few Phoenix Exploit kits that have successfully exploited Firefox and Adobe Reader 9 without any human interaction, but not many of them.

Firefox is safer when it comes to drive-by downloads and exploits. From my experience with testing them, Firefox somehow automatically crashes itself when it encounters one. Internet Explorer does not. There have been a few Phoenix Exploit kits that have successfully exploited Firefox and Adobe Reader 9 without any human interaction, but not many of them.

Good! Thank you :rolleyes: