Error 25090

Hi,

My pc was recently infected with AntiSpywareXP 2009 so I downloaded Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware which successfully eliminated the problem. However, every time I try and open any MS Office document I get the following error:

Error 25090. Office Setup encountered a problem with the Office Source Engine. system error: -2147024893. Please open C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\1033\SETUP.CHM and look for "Office Source Engine" for information on how to resolve this problem. And a subsequent window reading... This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the Folder Options control panel.

I'm at a complete loss as to how to remedy this and was wondering if anyone had any advice. My OS is windows 2000 professional with MS office 2003. Thanks.

thekid

Thank you for the link however, I think I forgot to mention that I don't have access to the CD. Specifically, it's in another state about 2000 miles away. Am I SOL or is there another way?

You should always have the original installation discs, backed up disc images, or setup files on hand when issues such as this arise. How would you reinstall office if your hard drive crashed? Find the person who has the disc and ask them to make you a "copy" or send the original. Hopefully you have the legit product key on hand as well. Otherwise ask some of your friends, neighbors, or classmates (should you attend a school or university) if they have the version that is installed on your pc. If all else fails you can either purchase a new copy or switch to OpenOffice.